Author Topic: ai planes runway 5 **SOLVED**  (Read 4056 times)

don4444

ai planes runway 5 **SOLVED**
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:40:31 pm »
Hi Ive recently noticed that when runaway 5 is active my ai planes line up to land but they all pull up and dont land. AT first I thought there must be a veh on the runway but after checking the entire length the runway appears to be clear but no planes will land. I however did get the all clear to land on 5 and did so with no issues the aircraft however behind me all aborted.
I also noticed some planes were landing and taking off also from  the 36 runways at the same time.
So Im wondering if this is by design or do I have some kind of glitch.
Thanks
Don
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:16:27 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ai planes runway 5
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 11:40:50 am »
It depends on your AI product and their schedule. Usually, when an AI plane doesn't land, it's because there's no available parking for its size. Since there are very few Heavy gates at KCLT and for reasons already discussed in the thread just below this one:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17154.0.html

there are even few in the scenery that in real life (AI won't ever support this), if you have too dense AI traffic with lots of heavies, it's possible they would disappear because there's no parking available so, the only option would be reducing the AI density.

don4444

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 10:37:48 pm »
Hi thanks for the reply. I understand what your saying however thats not it.  No planes are landing no matter what the size. I use mytraffic 6 for my ai and this is something I havent noticed before. I have seen what your describe before but the plane at least lands before it goes pooff. what I am seeing is the planes aborting the landing and pulling up as if there was another aircraft on the runway even thou the runway is clear. Is it possible the ai aircraft are sensing something on the runway that Im not seeing?

Don

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 04:16:43 am »
 What sim are you running?

don4444

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 04:39:38 am »
Hi  I am running FSX Gold edition acceleration.

Don

don4444

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 05:45:25 pm »
Hi  Today I went back to Kclt and manually set the winds so that run 5 would be the runway of choice. Sure enough my ai planes took off and landed on run 5. I have no idea why the other day they wouldnt land but Im happy to report its obvious theres nothing wrong with the afcad.  Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Don