Author Topic: Geneva LSGG huge latency loading the scenery  (Read 16138 times)

Agios

Geneva LSGG huge latency loading the scenery
« on: January 05, 2021, 08:49:15 pm »
Hello to everybody! I have almost all FSDT sceneries in FS9 and they are GREAT!!! But LSGG has a very serious issue! The buildings of the airoport are missing till you go very very close and then they load! There are also other sceneris that has this issue even if they are medium or low quality or even if they are in FSDT's high quality! So, quality is not an issue... otherwise my system is powerfull enough without any performance problem! In other sceneries that I ve see the same issue the buildings load around 5-6 miles before landing or in some cases the whole scenery at once! In LSGG, the buildings near runway 5 load when I am around 10 miles before landing (that's ok) but the rest of the buildings missing and start to appear one by one after landing while taxing!!! The same issue appear also in other people that I have talked! I resized the textures but nothing changed, is obviously not a performance problem! Pobably, the problem has to do with the scenery's configuration that could have a solution with an easy update...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Geneva LSGG huge latency loading the scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 01:30:59 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery, and it doesn't happen, unless you change the "Compatibility" setting for the FS9.EXE, which is not how it is by default. With no compatibility tweaks ( default ), the problem doesn't happen.

Agios

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 04:59:51 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery, and it doesn't happen, unless you change the "Compatibility" setting for the FS9.EXE, which is not how it is by default. With no compatibility tweaks ( default ), the problem doesn't happen.

Please, can you be more speciefic? I didnt change anything in FS9.exe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 02:30:28 pm »

Sometimes Windows changes that setting automatically, especially after a crash, trying to "help" you running better. Right-click on FS9.EXE, and be sure nothing is enabled in the "Compatibility" tab of the file Properties.

Agios

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 08:13:19 pm »

Sometimes Windows changes that setting automatically, especially after a crash, trying to "help" you running better. Right-click on FS9.EXE, and be sure nothing is enabled in the "Compatibility" tab of the file Properties.

Ok I checked my FS9.exe and nothing is enabled in "Compatibility" tab, but the problem with LSGG remains!

Agios

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 02:08:46 pm »

I noticed something else! I always fly with 50% zoom! If I fly with 100% zoom then buildings apear earlier, not so late like 50% zoom! But is the ONLY ONE scenery that has this problem! Ofcourse is better to fly with 50% zoom to have wider view and more crispe textures! What we can do for that? Please!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 05:19:35 pm »
I noticed something else! I always fly with 50% zoom! If I fly with 100% zoom then buildings apear earlier, not so late like 50% zoom! But is the ONLY ONE scenery that has this problem

This is not "a problem". This is called LOD and, fact this is the "only one" scenery that has this "problem" ( which is not a problem ), it's because not many sceneries use LOD to optimize fps, because it takes extra effort to do it so, most developers simply don't bother.

LOD is dependent on a combination of your screen resolution and your zoom setting so, the less resolution you have, the earlier the objects will disappear, since the values are calculated from the size of an object in Pixel on your screen, not its distance from the observer.

Of course is better to fly with 50% zoom to have wider view and more crispe textures!

Of course not. Using wider zoom to increase the resolution it's just wrong, the proper way to get sharper textures is to use Anisotropic filtering and, by flying at 50% zoom, you are altering the perspective and the relationship between far/close objects.

It's commonly accepted that, in FS9 or FSX, the most realistic zoom that matches what you would see in a real cockpit without altering the real perspective it's around 70-75%, so we usually optimized our sceneries for that.

Agios

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 06:20:43 pm »
I try to change some LOD setting to FS9.cfg but nothing changed! The problem starts at 93% zoom... Too sad for a nice scenery like this!

agent00729

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 12:31:06 am »
I’m also having this same issue! I have all the fs9 sceneries except LAX, and this is the only one with this issue. The buildings don’t appear and are all flat black squares on the ground until you get close. Any way to fix this?

trisho0

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 03:00:51 am »
I installed LSGG in FS2004 (fs9). Launched to LSGG Geneva and the fs9 doesn't load the scenery at all. I have to kill the sim. Default LSGG is OK.
Is there something I can give a try in Windows 10?
Patricio Valdes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2022, 02:16:30 pm »
I installed LSGG in FS2004 (fs9). Launched to LSGG Geneva and the fs9 doesn't load the scenery at all.

You probably missed this:

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_fs9.html

Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9
The Stand-Alone Addon Manager is required to activate and use the FS9 version of all the following products.

Nothing will work with the old Addon Manager included in the scenery installers, because it works on Esellerate, which closed in 2019. We updated the Stand-Alone Addon Manager to support the new licensing system we use now ( QLM/Soraco ) and, in fact, it works ONLY in Windows 10 but, you must be sure you update the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER you install all the sceneries.

If you need to reinstall any scenery for any reason, you must reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 as the last thing you do, otherwise the scenery installers might downgrade the Addon Manager to the old version that doesn't work anymore today.