Author Topic: FSDT Military Aircraft Project  (Read 10395 times)

AV8TR

FSDT Military Aircraft Project
« on: April 09, 2009, 09:57:46 pm »
Hello guys!  :)
This is my first thread on these forums, and i would like to say that I am really impressed by your work as scenery developers!
I read somewhere that you would be making a military aircraft for FSX, but I cannot find any information on what type/how the development is going etc... I only read about the rumours of an F-14.
Could you tell us how things are going? (If you're making the F-14 I'll buy that for sure!) The very reason why I came to think about your project again was because I just watched Top Gun  8)

Best,
Ola, Norway

JamesChams

Re: FSDT Military Aircraft Project
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:01:02 pm »
I'll 2nd all of that ... Virtuali!  ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

skimmer

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:11:02 pm »
Is this true? I havent read this but if so it will be the best Im sure :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 11:45:24 am »
We don't have much else to say at this moment, the project is still on hold, mostly because, since to create a military arcraft with the level quality (and performances too) comparable and even better than what we did for Microsoft for the F/A-18, it should be an FSX-only project and most likely would require Acceleration as well, we are still stuck in a market situation where FSX has a slight majority of the sales, but with a too low margin compared to what we'd like to make an FSX-only project. So, for the moment being, we are forced to concentrate doing sceneries for FSX+FS9.

Of course, there's still our FSX-only secret project going on, that might hopefully convince more people to switch...

tutmeister

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:55:59 pm »
If I may say, take a look over in Dino Catteneo's stable. He's developed the great goshawk as freeware and is now quite a way through tackling a tomcat. If it lives up to the standards of the goshawk, payware won't stand a chance.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:51:30 pm »
...we are still stuck in a market situation where FSX has a slight majority of the sales, but with a too low margin compared to what we'd like to make an FSX-only project...

Wow, that's interesting to hear.  I'm slowly starting to make the move myself to FSX, but am not quite there and FS9-FSX products are particularly appealing as I make this transition...

But PMDG seems to have had quite the opposite experience with their MD-11 selling 3:1 for FSX:FS9.  I haven't heard anything official, but my understanding is they have pretty much washed their hands of FS9 after that.  I wonder if it's the difference between the aircraft and scenery market.  FSDT's stuff is quite spectacular making a big incentive for anyone to buy their stuff, but you have to be honest that PMDG is kind of like the FSDT of aircraft design.

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 12:13:03 am »
Mr. tutmeister & Everyone else,

If I maybe allowed to venture an opinion...

If I may say, take a look over in Dino Catteneo's stable. He's developed the great goshawk as freeware and is now quite a way through tackling a tomcat. If it lives up to the standards of the goshawk, payware won't stand a chance.

Mr. Dino Catteneo's work has always been very good.  But, it doesn't have that special "FSDT Touch."  And, all the gauges that he's included in both his T-45 and F-14 are FSDT F-18's from FSX Acceleration; So, NOT authentic to the actual aircraft.  Also, the T-45 v1.25 still has issues, namely CTD's.  Now, if Virtuali and the FSDT team decided to make an F-14 it would NOT lack that authenticity in gauges, texture-wise would in NO-way compare to anyone else's; except maybe CaptainSim; also, Virtuali just stated above: "...comparable and even better than what we did for Microsoft for the F/A-18....", and let's accept the fact that they're going to explore Multi-cockpits for both pilot and RIO (Tandom Seating) even in Multi-player.  That was just a few of the things mentioned in the past.  I hope that they include advancements in AI including Radar and weaponary, too, if possible.

Well, since I already own all of these; except Dino's F-14, of course; just for everyone to get a better understanding of what I mean... When you compare FSDT's work in FS9 throught FSX Acceleration with other developers you'll see what I mean

Here are Dino's FSX Cockpit:

Here is IRIS's FSX Pro/Premium Series:

Now, here is what FSDT did with the F-4 for Cloud9 in FS9/FS2004:  Notice the texture quality alone (NOT to mention all the Featured functional gauges)

And, just for visual comparison...

VRS' F-18 for FS9:

Here is their; FSDT; F-18 (along with CaptainSim): [NOTE: Not the best Online Shots but most everyone knows the High Quality]

Now, I can only imagine what their (FSDT's) Tomcat will look like, until they make it a reality.

You may be right  ::) ; Only time will tell for sure...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:45:22 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 12:18:02 am »
Virtuali,
     I don't know where the statistical data of FSX vs. FS9 sales are posted.  However, in the next few months, I hope my purchases will change that statistic in favor of FSX purchases.  For further notice, please check with Mr. Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft), AlphaSim's Mr. Phil, CaptainSim's staff, Flight1's Mr. Jim Rhoads, FTX's/ORBX's Mr. John Venema and a whole lot of distinguished developers including your's truely (yourselves FSDT) for conformation.

If you can see your way to making both Sceneries and Aircraft, I can say I would be inclined to be a Satisifed Customer again.
  ;D

Happy Easter!
Ciao!
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 12:46:36 am »
James, I am grateful for people like you. The more cash you pump into FSX now, the more options and products will be available when I make the transition! Just think back to when you first got FSX, there was hardly anything available! It's like when I made my transition to FS9. Wow! All the stuff to choose from! No need to bother waiting for stuff...

Keep pushing that credit card dude!

tutmeister

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 01:17:23 pm »
James, I don't really care to discuss the ins and outs of why one would be preferable, with you, because you're always right on every forum I'm a member of that you are too...all I know, is Dino makes quality products for free, which is something sorely lacking in FSX. My post above was to show people that aren't keen on spending all their hard-earned money on payware that there is an option available that will amaze them for the price.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 12:36:15 am »
Of course, there's still our FSX-only secret project going on, that might hopefully convince more people to switch

Secrete huh?? I wonder what that is. Maybe fsx recoded. LOL That would be really cool!

Buziel-411

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 04:33:15 pm »
We don't have much else to say at this moment, the project is still on hold, mostly because, since to create a military arcraft with the level quality (and performances too) comparable and even better than what we did for Microsoft for the F/A-18, it should be an FSX-only project and most likely would require Acceleration as well, we are still stuck in a market situation where FSX has a slight majority of the sales, but with a too low margin compared to what we'd like to make an FSX-only project. So, for the moment being, we are forced to concentrate doing sceneries for FSX+FS9.

Of course, there's still our FSX-only secret project going on, that might hopefully convince more people to switch...

I'm a Fs9 user, and don't expect to be switching to FSX anytime soon. I'd have to do a complete rehaul of my system, costing hundreds of dollars.

I would be saddened if FSDT stopped producing their wonderful products for Fs9, and made a FSX-only switch. I can understand if some products are FSX only due to limitations in the games, but sceneries should be kept Fs9 and FSX, at least until FSX really becomes mainstream.

Intrepid

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 03:27:29 pm »
Of course, there's still our FSX-only secret project going on, that might hopefully convince more people to switch

Secrete huh?? I wonder what that is. Maybe fsx recoded. LOL That would be really cool!

I second that ::) ;D
Throw us a bone ..secret project! hmmm interesting
Randy

JamesChams

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 02:41:26 am »
James, I am grateful for people like you. The more cash you pump into FSX now, the more options and products will be available when I make the transition! Just think back to when you first got FSX, there was hardly anything available! It's like when I made my transition to FS9. Wow! All the stuff to choose from! No need to bother waiting for stuff...

Keep pushing that credit card dude!
Well I wish you wouldn't give me that much credit ...  :-[
The truth is if we don't buy products and support developers they will all have to go do other things (like drive cabs) just to pay the bills (especially in todays economy) and then we'll be without our Hobby too.  And frankly, I want my FSDT Tomcat!  8) ;D

:D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 02:50:55 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams