Author Topic: One Six Right - The Movie/The Airport  (Read 4851 times)

Dillon

One Six Right - The Movie/The Airport
« on: April 08, 2009, 05:17:42 am »
For those of us that have seen one of the best general aviation movies in history it would be fitting to ask FSDT to consider KVNY for both FSX and FS9.  This is a small airport in the Burbank/LA area (Van Nuys) that is one of the (if not the) busiest airports for it's size in the world.  It would be fitting if FSDT brought a little justice to this outstanding airport.  And if this is not considered please check out the movie 'One Six Right', you won't regret the purchase (truly outstanding work).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 05:21:34 am by Dillon »

global express

Re: One Six Right - The Movie/The Airport
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 06:33:59 pm »
Dillon, I couldn't agree with you more! It'd be awesome if FSDT could do a place like this. The trouble is the perception of these airports is that not many people are interested in them. Wrong! So far over 100,000 people have downloaded our AI packages at Ultimate GA!

Teterboro, NJ is statistically the busiest GA field. Check this out (below). Imagine the AFCAD you'd need:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33369627@N00/1524289291/sizes/o/

HurleySurfer18

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:51:29 pm »
Yes I totally agree with you guys, I'm sure if FSDT made a high quality GA airport, I'm sure we would be surprised of the number of purchases and I'd definitely be one of em.  Seeing that I work at VNY and also fly there in the real world all the time.  I would love to land on the famous 16R and taxi into my FBO Maguire Av.

-Chris

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:55:16 pm »
Hi
Me too I have seen the movie actually is more a documentary, but I agree with all of you it's really a fantastic journey in our passion.
There are incredible birds inside on those hangars, I believe there is a great collection, that you can create a museum.
At the end, when the children play with the aircraft I suppose it's a common feeling and emotion that everybody is sharing in this forum.
On my side I will think about it but no promise.
Fabrizio

On youtube ;)

http://

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:20:42 pm »
I agree as well! VNY is actually the busiest executive airport in the Americas. If ever a payware version of a US GA airport were ever made KVNY would be the one!!!

It's also one of the airports used for fighting the forest fires!!!

wabash10

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 06:14:12 pm »
I would love to see this done as well, not only would I like to purchase and enjoy the product, but it also opens the door to other general aviation airports, mine is KAPA, please, creating KVNY would open the door to other high traffic GA airports.

Dillon

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 05:33:04 pm »
Thanks guys for commenting in this thread.  When I look at what Imaginesim has done with taking a step back and doing a smaller field (KSJC) to give their developers more breathing room I figured FSDT could do this with KVNY.  Looking at their choice to do KFLL further expands on the possibility of them taking this project on.  KVNY is the only GA airport that has had an indie movie of serious caliber created around it (it deserves consideration from some major FS scenery developer).  There's allot of buzz in aviation circles about KVNY because of this film which would make it fitting for FSDT to do the airport.  You guys totally threw me off guard with Teterboro which is another excellent idea.  Both of these well known and used GA airports should have been done along time ago but focus from FS circles has mostly been around international airports.

Now here is the big elephant in the room that I've thought about since suggesting this to FSDT,  WE RUN THE RISK OF THESE AIRPORTS BEING 'FSX' ONLY PROJECTS.  Much like what happened with Travolta's personal field FSDT could take this on and slap us across the head with an FSX only release.  I would hate trying to come into NYC's Teterboro in Flight1's Mustang using FSX.  If FSDT could do these smaller projects in dual formate like the larger international efforts we'd all jump for joy.  I ran the risk of going with one of the best developers around and should they do these airports all one can hope for is an FS9 version along side the FSX version will get concidered.  Let's all hope these unique fields are given some thought by the FSDT crew for all of us to enjoy...  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:51:18 am by Dillon »