Author Topic: Scenery config for Flytampa OMDB with correct gate positions and VDGS  (Read 8880 times)

Adrijan

Hello everyone.

The latest update added the possibility to have custom GSX VDGS, but without manual configuration the default positions are pretty bad and useless. So I decided to make a custom configuration of most parking positions in OMDB, hopefully it will be useful to people.

What is done:

• Correct parking positions on the A, B, C, D, F and G gates
  • Correctly placed VDGS systems on the A, B, D, F and G gates
  • Custom pushback labels (FACING NORTH/SOUTH/EAST/WEST)
  • All edited parking positions are made to accommodate the PMDG 777-300ER, even if some shouldn't (for example, they're too small)

What isn't done:

• Gates E, H
  • Positions of other vehicles (pushback tug, stairs, cargo, etc) aren't edited, somewhere they may clash with the scenery or be in weird positions, though most gates should be fine

I am probably not going to ever do the E & H gates as I never park there, and also probably not going to customize other vehicles as it will take a very long time (this only took me about 2 hours without pauses to make). If someone wants to do these, it will surely be appreciated.

NOTE: Every parking position was made to suit the PMDG 777-300ER, I haven't tried other airplanes but hopefully the discrepancies will be minimal.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:23:24 pm by Adrijan »

Adrijan

Re: Scenery config for Flytampa OMDB with correct gate positions and VDGS
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 02:22:45 pm »
Original post updated, added C gates.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:02 pm »
Hello everyone.

The latest update added the possibility to have custom GSX VDGS, but without manual configuration the default positions are pretty bad and useless. So I decided to make a custom configuration of most parking positions in OMDB, hopefully it will be useful to people.

What is done:

• Correct parking positions on the A, B, C, D, F and G gates
  • Correctly placed VDGS systems on the A, B, D, F and G gates
  • Custom pushback labels (FACING NORTH/SOUTH/EAST/WEST)
  • All edited parking positions are made to accommodate the PMDG 777-300ER, even if some shouldn't (for example, they're too small)

What isn't done:

• Gates E, H
  • Positions of other vehicles (pushback tug, stairs, cargo, etc) aren't edited, somewhere they may clash with the scenery or be in weird positions, though most gates should be fine

I am probably not going to ever do the E & H gates as I never park there, and also probably not going to customize other vehicles as it will take a very long time (this only took me about 2 hours without pauses to make). If someone wants to do these, it will surely be appreciated.

NOTE: Every parking position was made to suit the PMDG 777-300ER, I haven't tried other airplanes but hopefully the discrepancies will be minimal.

Thanks!!! We should edit the afcad_path line ourselves to either point to our own p3d/fsx location... or drop that ini file in the main Dubai scenery where the afcad is located and delete the path leaving only the bgl file name afcad_path = OMDB_ADEX_FLYTAMPA.bl
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:59:51 pm by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 10:38:36 pm »
We should edit the afcad_path line ourselves to either point to our own p3d/fsx location... or drop that ini file in the main Dubai scenery where the afcad is located and delete the path leaving only the bgl file name afcad_path = OMDB_ADEX_FLYTAMPA.bgl

No need to do that.

The full path is there, but only to remind the original author exactly where the AFCAD the .INI file was based on is, but since we meant this file to be shared between users, when is read by GSX, the original path is ignored, and only the filename is used, regardless of its new location, assuming is active in the Scenery Library.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 10:42:34 am »
We should edit the afcad_path line ourselves to either point to our own p3d/fsx location... or drop that ini file in the main Dubai scenery where the afcad is located and delete the path leaving only the bgl file name afcad_path = OMDB_ADEX_FLYTAMPA.bgl

No need to do that.

The full path is there, but only to remind the original author exactly where the AFCAD the .INI file was based on is, but since we meant this file to be shared between users, when is read by GSX, the original path is ignored, and only the filename is used, regardless of its new location, assuming is active in the Scenery Library.

Thank you I did not know that.

This config puts Emirates as the ground handling if I fly an Emirates aircraft, is it possible to assign DNATA to ground handling but Emirates as the branding for all the cargo containers?

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 07:26:00 am »
I simulate flights sometimes to the north terminal and cargo ramps, has anybody expanded this ini file to add safegate parking for the other gates? I am lost trying to do this myself

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 02:52:06 pm »
This config puts Emirates as the ground handling if I fly an Emirates aircraft, is it possible to assign DNATA to ground handling but Emirates as the branding for all the cargo containers?

As explained on the manual, and in many threads on the forum, the choice of the GSX operator is NOT driven by the livery of the airplane you are flying. Doing so would be not realistic, because it would cause strange issues, like getting european ground operators in the US in the international terminals, just because the AFCAD might have their codes there. The airplane livery, provided the airplane.cfg DOES have its own atc_parking_codes line, will affect ONLY the livery of the cargo containers.

So, if you override the parking codes in the scenery, setting DNATA to be the ground operator, your containers will be Emirates, but ONLY if the airplane developer set the atc_parking_codes to be UAE in the airplane.cfg file, otherwise they take the livery of the ground operator instead.