Author Topic: FUEL IN FSX RESETS  (Read 4858 times)

DaveEastwood

FUEL IN FSX RESETS
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:02:48 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to tack down a problem that I have which may or may not be a GSX issue.

When using GSX to set the aircraft fuel level with the no.8 custom fuel amounts everything is ok.

However after completing my other checks I have noticed that the aircraft fuel levels revert back to 100%, could this be caused by GSX?

As I said I'm not blaming GSX, just trying to work the problem.

Any suggestions to fix this would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FUEL IN FSX RESETS
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 01:39:03 pm »
However after completing my other checks I have noticed that the aircraft fuel levels revert back to 100%, could this be caused by GSX?

After the GSX fuel truck disconnects, the fuel levels will not be changed by GSX.

In fact, you don't say which airplane you use because, if the airplane you use use a custom fuel system, and it's flagged in GSX as such (in the Airplane Configuration Editor), GSX would never touch the fuel levels, not even when the GSX Truck is there, but it will ONLY play its own animations.

DaveEastwood

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 08:48:34 pm »
Hello Umberto,

It appears to be happening on any third party aircraft that I fly......very strange but I'll keep digging away.

Thanks anyway.

Dave

DaveEastwood

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 07:15:59 pm »
Sorry Umberto,

I've just sat at EGNJ Parking slot 4 in the default cessna with 100% fuel, selected to refuel, set fuel to 50% in both tanks and then after about two minutes after re-fuelling the levels went back to 100%.

Would you recommend a de-install then re-install of GSX?

Thanks in advance
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 02:33:24 pm »
I've just sat at EGNJ Parking slot 4 in the default cessna with 100% fuel, selected to refuel, set fuel to 50% in both tanks and then after about two minutes after re-fuelling the levels went back to 100%.

Maybe that parking is flagged as Fuel ? That would explain why the sim itself is refueling the plane automatically while you are parked there.

DaveEastwood

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 04:14:29 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I have un-installed GSX and then repeated the exercise of loading-up FSX at EGNJ parking slot 4 in the cessna and the re-fueling issue did not happen...

So I can only presume there could be an issue with GSX?

Is there a log or something that I could send to you please?

Thanks in advance
Dave

DaveEastwood

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 01:57:47 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I have also deleted the FSX.cfg file but the problem still exists when I have GSX installed.

Any idea please?

Thanks in advance
Dave

DaveEastwood

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 01:15:05 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Ok, so I have done a clean re-install of windows 7, re-installed FSX standard with acceleration, FSUIPC4 and GSX v 2.2.0.1

I have loaded the default 737 at EDDM gate 6 and requested fuel, the fuel truck arrives and I custom load 50% in all three tanks and remove all passenger weights.

The re-fuelling procedure completes with no problems, I check the fuel/payloads weights and the fuel has reset to 100% in all three tanks and the passenger weights have returned to maximum.

From this I can only assume that GSX is doing something, would you agree on this Umberto?

Apart from FSUIPC this is a clean install of both windows and FSX.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 12:15:04 pm »
I have loaded the default 737 at EDDM gate 6 and requested fuel, the fuel truck arrives and I custom load 50% in all three tanks and remove all passenger weights.

Please specify how was your fuel load *before* you selected GSX. If it was higher than 50%, GSX won't "pump out" fuel to reach your requested quantity.

DaveEastwood

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »
Hi Umberto,

If I'm understanding correctly, the fuel load was was 100% in all three tanks as the per the default load at FSX start-up.

Thanks

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 09:52:34 pm »
If I'm understanding correctly, the fuel load was was 100% in all three tanks as the per the default load at FSX start-up.

So it's all normal. GSX won't reduce your fuel level, if it's already higher than the quantity you asked for. The best way to do this, is to set up a startup flight with empty tanks.

DaveEastwood

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 09:24:14 pm »
Sorry Umberto,

What I mean is FSX start's and I load an aircraft with 100% in all tanks, I use GSX to set a custom fuel level of 50% in all tanks.

The the fueling sequence has completed and I check the fuel levels, they have gone back to 100%.

Thanks

Dave

sticky1202

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 12:57:06 pm »
As was stated, if you start with 100% fuel, GSX will NOT reduce the amount of fuel. You must start with less or equal the amount of fuel you need.

Jim

DaveEastwood

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 01:44:46 pm »
Hi Umberto & Jim,

Well the goods news is that this thick 50 year old brain has finally got it and now understands how I need to do the re-fueling.....doh.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave