Author Topic: 747 Parking  (Read 5581 times)

Jetzuri

747 Parking
« on: June 22, 2017, 06:25:23 pm »
Hello, are any gates at KMEM suitable for a 747? GSX states that all gates at the terminal are "too small". Thanks!
Regards,

Alan

beechcaptain

Re: 747 Parking
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:18:27 pm »
I'll save Umberto a bit of time, hopefully. 

You posted in the same subject matter over in the KCLT support forum.  Take the advice from those responses and do a bit of investigation and setting up the parking to your liking.  It is not hard at all.  You can do it within GSX's menu.  Also, if you want to get a bit more advanced, check out Airport Design Editor (ADE) at ScruffyDuck.org for versions for FSX/P3Dv3, or FSDeveloper for the P3Dv4 beta version here:  http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/airport-design-editor.95/

Jetzuri

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:30:42 pm »
As none of the gates presently accept a 747 according to the GSX gate selection, I'm perfectly capable of changing it myself.

To do so, does anyone know which terminal gates at the real MEM can accept a 747?
Regards,

Alan

beechcaptain

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 09:20:21 pm »
Google is your friend.  http://www.ifly.com/memphis-international-airport/terminal-maphttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memphis_International_Airport

Do some investigative research for yourself and if you don't find what you are looking for, create your own.

Jetzuri

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 09:38:44 pm »
Not my friend, but I get your point  ;)

What I've found so far is that none of the gates would normally take a 747, so I'll wait for something short-haul and use the FEDEX ramps for the cargo version.

I had to ask, because as far as I could tell, none of the KCLT gates could take a 747 either, until I read Umberto's comment stating that there were 2 gates that could. I've fiddled with those two in the GSX customization and the "too small" warning no longer shows so GSX is happy to service the aircraft.
Regards,

Alan

beechcaptain

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 09:57:02 pm »
What I've found so far is that none of the gates would normally take a 747, so I'll wait for something short-haul and use the FEDEX ramps for the cargo version.

Why wait?  This is the virtual world, your own world of flight sim, so if you say gate x & y at KMEM terminal B are designated heavy for the X airline 747-400, so be it.  Set the size parameters you need/desire and fly those heavy pax flights to and from KMEM!  Go for it.  The GREAT OZ has spoken!   ;)

Jetzuri

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 10:03:01 pm »
I'll definitely do some tinkering after I solve the crash on exit somehow. For now, I'll get to know LAX (which needs some tinkering of its own!) and LAS a little better  ;D
Regards,

Alan

beechcaptain

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 11:51:10 pm »
I don't worry too much about the crash on exit (although I still want to have it resolved) as it does not affect anything from start up through end of flight.  If your experience with the error on exit is similar, go ahead and set up your parking spots for the Queen.