Author Topic: QualityWings757 Gauges not working!  (Read 27063 times)

josh_drummond

Re: QualityWings757 Gauges not working!
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2017, 07:42:26 pm »
My other question was, I have SDF installed now.  If I remove it should I remove addon manager when it asks?  Then install SDF?  Wouldn't SDF come with the lastest version?  Or how would I remove the addon manager that installs SDF to install the standalone?

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 08:48:26 pm »

There's just nothing we can do to fix this, since we cannot retrofit the old installers users might already have.

Yoh, well. Since FSDT sells sceneries with an addonmanager (which always has been doubtful why) and makes it some kind of incompatible to previous released software, in this case QW, well, I would have my thoughts about the way developers are handling such circumstances.

I know and you know too, this discussion is not new and will never stop if until these situations are treated the right way. Fact is, the QW757 will not load in the first place. For me it doesn‘t make a difference in which order you install everthing. In the end I can be happy to have a functional bird after reloading it. Simple, but that is a bug produced by FSDT. It‘s not about the old installers, no, it‘s about the new installers!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 11:18:22 am »
Yoh, well. Since FSDT sells sceneries with an addonmanager (which always has been doubtful why) and makes it some kind of incompatible to previous released software

The current version of the Addon Manager is fully compatible with the QW757. See the video below.

I know and you know too, this discussion is not new and will never stop if until these situations are treated the right way.

The situation IS being treated in the right way, which is offering the suggestion that works: never install the QW757 *after* having installed something using the latest FSDT installer. If you do it, reinstall either the Stand-Alone Addon Manager or any other FSDT installer, will fix everything.

Fact is, the QW757 will not load in the first place

It does. See the video below.

For me it doesn‘t make a difference in which order you install everthing.

The installation order makes all the difference. If you install the QW757 last, it's 100% sure it won't work. If you install something from FSDT last, it's 100% sure it will work.

Simple, but that is a bug produced by FSDT. It‘s not about the old installers, no, it‘s about the new installers!

It's no "bug" produced by FSDT. It's ALL about the old installer because they were using a different file structure, but the new installers WILL fix this, if they are run last.

Here's a video I just made, showing the QW757 fully working in both FSX:SE and P3D 3.4, showing gauges working normally, at the first startup of the sim, without having to load the airplane twice.

Achilleas Moraitis

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 01:25:30 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I noticed in your videos a couple of things you and I do in a different way and I wonder if this has something to do with some of us having to load it twice. Firstly, you start a flight with a default aircraft whereas I always load it from the Scenario Screen. Secondly you start with the plane running, my default state is C&D. Would you mind testing it this way and reporting back? I'll, also, test it your way on my system to see if things change.

Cheers,
Achilleas

LukeK

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2017, 05:40:34 pm »
Firstly, you start a flight with a default aircraft whereas I always load it from the Scenario Screen.

This is the big difference. The QW757 works with AddOn Manager 4.x, but only if you load another aircraft first or reload the aircraft. You can start it from the scenario screen with AddOn Manager 3.x.

Cheers!

Luke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2017, 09:46:56 am »
This is the big difference. The QW757 works with AddOn Manager 4.x, but only if you load another aircraft first or reload the aircraft. You can start it from the scenario screen with AddOn Manager 3.x.

We believe to have found the issue, which is related to timings and the PC speed (so it's not happening in all cases), and it's related to a change we had to do to switch away from the old Esellerate SDK, which wasn't going to be maintained anymore and supported on the newest Windows OS.

The issue is, there's just nothing we can do from our side, it requires a very *small* update of the QW757 Gauge, and we already explained the issue and the required changes to QW, and also offered our assistance to fix it, in case they might be too busy supporting their newer things.

The temporary fix, is to have a startup flight with a default airplane, or load the 757 again when the scenery has loaded.

Achilleas Moraitis

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2017, 12:40:45 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for getting back to us and for finding the issue.  :)

Cheers,
Achilleas

Cfoley

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2018, 01:06:14 am »
I just started having the "Startup Error QW757" error at KLAX. I have not used FSDT KLAX for a few months until now.   I use FSX and not knowing what was causing the problem,  I reinstalled Full Installer for GSX and reinstalled KLAX, but did not fix the problem.  Just by chance what I did is after I opened up FSX, select the QW757 aircraft, select KLAX plus the gate number, and after it opened up with the QW757 at the gate with the gauge error showing,  I would select "End Flight" and then open FSX again and the gauges would be working.  

Cfoley
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:01:26 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2018, 10:41:56 am »
As I've said in my previous post:

The temporary fix, is to have a startup flight with a default airplane, or load the 757 again when the scenery has loaded.

Cfoley

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2018, 11:53:52 pm »
The new problem I noticed even though I end the flight and restart to fix the cockpit error problem,  the QW757 looks odd shaped from the outside view.  It does not happen all the time when restarting though.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:24:55 am by Cfoley »