Author Topic: QualityWings757 Gauges not working!  (Read 27223 times)

Achilleas Moraitis

Re: QualityWings757 Gauges not working!
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2017, 10:44:48 am »
It's a pain but the only thing to do until this problem is fixed.

I'm sorry, but as I've said in my last post, I cannot reproduce this. The airplane always loads at the first try here.

Hi virtuali,

Might I ask which OS are you using? Windows 10 Home here.

Cheers,
Achilleas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2017, 12:44:09 pm »

Windows 10 Professional.

elmucki

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 03:38:53 pm »
Is the OP trying to install it in v3 or v4? It wont work in v4.

Achilleas Moraitis

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 10:00:25 pm »

Windows 10 Professional.

It's probably not an OS issue then... Is P3D installed in Program Files or in another directory? Mine is under C:\P3D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 01:23:23 pm »
It's probably not an OS issue then... Is P3D installed in Program Files or in another directory? Mine is under C:\P3D

Mine is installed into C:\Prepar3d v3

Achilleas Moraitis

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 01:35:19 pm »

Mine is installed into C:\Prepar3d v3

Shouldn't be an issue either then.

Let's try something else, I'm beginning to think it is a load order issue.

DLL.xml (AppData):
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>IvAp</Name>
<Path>C:\Users\Achilleas\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll</Path>
<Commandline/>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSTramp</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FSTramp\FSTramp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

EXE.xml (AppData):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AivlaSoft SimpleCam</Name>
<Disabled>false</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Users\Achilleas\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\AivlaSoft\SimpleCam\AivlaSoft.SimpleCam.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

DLL.xml (ProgramData):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>TargetInfo</Name>
<Path>Gauges\TargetInfo.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Fury_1500</Name>
<Path>Gauges\Fury_1500.dll</Path>
<DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

EXE.xml (ProgramData):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="exe">
<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
</SimBase.Document>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 01:43:34 pm »
Let's try something else, I'm beginning to think it is a load order issue.

Try to disable all the 3rd party modules in the XML files, by setting <Disabled>True</Disabled> first.

Achilleas Moraitis

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 02:01:12 pm »
No joy, even with every third party module off (both EXE.xmls and DLL.xmls) it's still the same, unless I load it twice it gives the all familiar error code.

Papacoach

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 05:16:56 pm »
Same issue, waiting on solution. Thank you! No gauges first load, go to menu select same ac and gauges are good. Win 7 here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2017, 11:44:24 am »
Same issue, waiting on solution. Thank you! No gauges first load, go to menu select same ac and gauges are good. Win 7 here.

I'm sorry, but as I've said in all my posts, I cannot reproduce this. The airplane always loads at the first try here.

As I've said, I use Windows 10 but, it might be a combination of the OS, the version of the installed VC++ libraries, which is dependent on the OS installed updates and the loading order of the modules.

From your report, what is not loading is the Gauge itself, and we don't have any control in our software over the loading process of it.

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2017, 12:05:13 pm »
Hi,

I think there is still no solution for this problem. After the update of the manager I had to do a full reinstallation of all FSDT sceneries, because of the 757 problem, to find out why this happened. Order of installation: All FSDT sceneries first, then 757 and the last installation the latest addonmanager. Same problem exists. Why? If you ask me, there is something wrong with the latest addonmanager. It must be there, so it would be very kind to find out why and have a fix for that. Saying, I cannot reproduce this sounds very poor. Hey, simming is about flying, sceneries are not the first priority. So if you don't care, your sceneries will disappear from my harddisk and I will not buy any in future. You should take this more serious… So come on.

Achilleas Moraitis

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2017, 12:25:42 pm »
Hi everyone!

Yes, the issue still persists however it's not going to stop anyone from flying, all you have to do is reload the 757. Of course I'd like to see it resolved and I'm sure there are things being done to address said issue that we are not aware of but I don't think us complaining is doing much to help. It could, very well, be a QW problem and not an FSDT one and QW have announced they'll be doing some work on the 75 since they cancelled the 737. I guess we'll know soon, in the meantime just reload the plane before you start your preparations and everything will be ok. :)

Cheers,
Achilleas

josh_drummond

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 12:48:35 am »
I've had this problem as well.  It is that QW reads the old add on manager 3.1.0.1 and not 4.0.0.8.  I've emailed and contacted them and had no luck in fixing this problem.  I've had two instances where I would install the QW757 as well as other FSDT scenery and having the new and old addon managers installed.  The old addon manager would only read the 757 and this would work.  But everything requiring the new addon manager would not work.  I went and disabled the old addon manager in dll.xm and my FSDT scenery would work.  If I disabled the new addon manager the new FSDT scenery would not work but my QW757 would work.  Thus proving my point that this is a developer issue.  Does this make sense?

QW also said that their own installer automatically downloads the latest addon manager from Virtuali.  If this where true it would download 4.0.0.8 and not 3.1.0.1.  I've also asked them to fix this in the installer checking and verifying the download link to insure its installing correctly.  I don't know how this could be missed.  QW needs to fix the gauges files so it reads the activation correctly when it installs the new manager.  Thus pointing all figures back to the developer.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:26:33 am by josh_drummond »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 10:26:40 am »
QW also said that their own installer automatically downloads the latest addon manager from Virtuali.  If this where true it would download 4.0.0.8 and not 3.1.0.1

The QW installer hasn't been updated to support our new installation method, which is the add-on.xml in P3D V3.4/4.0 or the DLL/EXE.XML method in FSX or older P3D V1/2/3 versions, with all sim using a single shared folder and running over our new Live Update system.

This means, if you install the QW757 AFTER anything from FSDT that use the new installer, it will ADD a 2nd copy of the OLD Addon Manager, one that puts the bglmanx.dll file in the root folder of the sim, and will always use the DLL/EXE.XML method, meaning this will result in a 2nd copy of the old Addon Manager running alongside the first one.

There's just nothing we can do to fix this, since we cannot retrofit the old installers users might already have.

Which is why, as explained so many times in this forum (and the QW forum too), the solution is always to download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which will FIX everything: it will remove the 2nd copy of the old Addon Manager, both from the sim and from the DLL.XML file, and will change all the setup to run in the new shared folder installation.

This is the same as running ANY recent FSDT installer after the QW757 installation.

Basically, the only thing you shouldn't do, is to install the QW757 AFTER you installed anything using any FSDT installer which was made after June 2017.

By doing this, the QW757 works just fine with the latest Addon Manager, with no issues I can find. We used the QW757F quite a bit while developing KSDF, since it's one of the planes that works at the UPS Cargo cagtes so, if it had any issues, they would have surfaced by now.

josh_drummond

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 07:40:15 pm »
Thanks for clearing this up!  I don't know why they have to work around this just to get their product to work.  I will continue to support FSDT!! :) :)