Author Topic: QualityWings757 Gauges not working!  (Read 27264 times)

Airshinx_13

Re: QualityWings757 Gauges not working!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 05:20:05 pm »
Ok, try this:

Download the Depends utility for x86 here:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Open the QW757.GAU file, and see if it reports errors like missing files. Note that, some of these errors might be misleading, so look the ones at the end of the list, and see if you find anything.

Errors reported here, would suggest some system libraries missing from your system.

Okay, I will download and check it out. I will report my findings later, since right now i am doing a flight.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

Airshinx_13

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 07:33:51 pm »
So, i ran the program and opened the 757.GAU file and as soon as it processed it detected errors. I am also not sure as to what section to look at for what you asked.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 07:50:25 pm »
Try to look in the bottom window, towards the end. Lots of these errors might be quite misleading, and they are not real errors. But if you find something related to either simconnect.dll or msvcr80.dll or something like that, they might be serious.

Airshinx_13

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 08:02:49 pm »
I see, i ran it and saw none of the mention dll files in the bottom section. Though i did see an UIAutomationcore.dll, but i remember that being attributed to FSX but i have it uninstalled and currently running P3DV3.4.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

jsbryner

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 04:45:17 am »
Notwithstanding, I still have the QW757-2 error since the update of Addon Manager to 4.0.0.0 (it is now 4.0.0.3 at last update).  Notwithstanding your experience you evidence above, mine and others unfortunately have not been the same.

My reply has been based on what QW told me about the meaning of the error, which means the Gauge couldn't verify the activation but, I can assure you that, if the Addon Manager is reporting the product as "Active" you can be sure it IS reporting it to the Gauge as such, and nothing has ever changed in the Addon Manager.

However, it's *possible* they might ALSO call Esellerate directly in the Gauge, and few months ago Esellerate has switched the activation servers, so we now use a different library to access them in the Addon Manager, so we don't include the old Esellerate .dll anymore in the Addon Manager, but this won't be a problem, since it IS included in the full QW757 installer. That's why we always say to install with the full QW757 first, and then the Addon Manager, so both .dll are surely installer.

But, just to be sure, do you have this file ?

C:\ProgramData\Esellerate\Esellerateengine.dll

I do have that file in that exact location. It's version 3.6.5 dated March 5 2007.

jsbryner

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 05:08:48 am »
Ok, try this:

Download the Depends utility for x86 here:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Open the QW757.GAU file, and see if it reports errors like missing files. Note that, some of these errors might be misleading, so look the ones at the end of the list, and see if you find anything.

Errors reported here, would suggest some system libraries missing from your system.

OK, Dependency Walker on my QW757.gau did not reveal anything unusual except that the GDIPLUS.dll is being loaded from a Win Side By Side folder. That may be attributed to whether that came from one of the C++ Redistributable installs, but it is dated March 4 2017 and is ver 10.0.14393.953. Otherwise, nothing missing.

Again, thank you for replying.

timmo73

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 10:06:35 pm »
I'm having the same exact QW757 gauge problem. The only solution is choosing the airplane again and then the gauges show up. It wasn't a problem before but it's a pain in the neck especially for something that you've paid for. Isn't there a fix for this?

Airshinx_13

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2017, 10:42:12 pm »
I'm having the same exact QW757 gauge problem. The only solution is choosing the airplane again and then the gauges show up. It wasn't a problem before but it's a pain in the neck especially for something that you've paid for. Isn't there a fix for this?

Interesting, i tried that and it worked for me. Something is improperly loading.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

thereadog

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2017, 11:26:41 pm »
Same exact thing for me.  Have to load the 757.  Get the error, end the flight, then restart it again and everything works like normal.

Airshinx_13

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2017, 11:30:12 pm »
Same exact thing for me.  Have to load the 757.  Get the error, end the flight, then restart it again and everything works like normal.

For me more precise, i spawn in and then go to "vehicles" and select the same plane again and the black gauges are gone.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

Achilleas Moraitis

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2017, 01:26:03 pm »
Hello everyone,

First post here, I just registered to report the same exact problem here. By loading the aircraft twice it goes away for me, too.

Cheers,
Achilleas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2017, 01:57:47 pm »
First post here, I just registered to report the same exact problem here. By loading the aircraft twice it goes away for me, too.

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this. The airplane always loads at the first try here. But it might dependent on what other addons you have, and which Windows libraries (VC++) they load and, possibly, even by their loading order.

Achilleas Moraitis

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 02:25:12 pm »
Their loading order could certainly have something to do with it. I'm going to do some testing when I have some time and I'll report back if anything comes out of it.

Cheers,
Achilleas

timmo73

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 02:51:39 am »
I still have the same problem and just load the QW 757 twice to get the panel to work. It's a pain but the only thing to do until this problem is fixed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 07:09:38 pm »
It's a pain but the only thing to do until this problem is fixed.

I'm sorry, but as I've said in my last post, I cannot reproduce this. The airplane always loads at the first try here.