Author Topic: QualityWings757 Gauges not working!  (Read 27287 times)

Airshinx_13

QualityWings757 Gauges not working!
« on: June 06, 2017, 10:27:45 pm »
Hello, i am posting this message because other simmers and myself have been having issues with the Quality Wings 757 gauges. Ever since the new update in FSDT products the gauges of the plane don't load up and display a "startup error" problem in blue font. I know that the COUATL engine always checks and downloads the gauges for this product, but we have tried to uninstall and reinstall the plane countless times. Can anyone provide for a fix to this issue? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

jsbryner

Re: QualityWings757 Gauges not working!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 12:05:35 am »
I am another one with the QW757 that gives the Unable to Start QW757-2 error message. It started with the update of the FSDT Addon Manager for P3D V4. I had both P3D V3 and V4 installed and fully operational. However, after the Addon Manager update, I had no access to any FSDT or Flightbeam scenery in P3D V3. The QW 757 also began displaying the  Unable to Start QW757-2 error. All scenery worked in P3D V4, however. The only resort was uninstall all things FSDT, including Addon Manager and GSX, Flightbeam scenery and the QW 757. Reinstalled everything starting with the new standalone addon manager, then the FSDT and Flightbeam scenery, then the QW 757. Everything works in P3D V3 and V4. However, I still have the QW757-2 error. To be more specific, I am only using the QW757 in P3D V3.4.

Looking for some help in this forum as the qw757.gau is installed/updated via the FSDT AddonManager.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 01:08:41 pm »
However, after the Addon Manager update, I had no access to any FSDT or Flightbeam scenery in P3D V3

This was probably caused by not having installed P3D 3.4, which is the only version that supports the new installation system completely. We had an update of the installer in the meantime, which wouldn't use the new system unless you have 3.4 installed.

Reinstalled everything starting with the new standalone addon manager, then the FSDT and Flightbeam scenery, then the QW 757.

This is the problem: as always suggested here, and in the QW forum, you should always install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager LAST.

Airshinx_13

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 04:02:44 pm »

This is the problem: as always suggested here, and in the QW forum, you should always install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager LAST.

Actually we have tried that and its not working and or downloading now 757 gauge files. I am also using V3, and before the major update from FSDT products, everything was working fine.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

jsbryner

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 04:52:08 pm »
However, after the Addon Manager update, I had no access to any FSDT or Flightbeam scenery in P3D V3

This was probably caused by not having installed P3D 3.4, which is the only version that supports the new installation system completely. We had an update of the installer in the meantime, which wouldn't use the new system unless you have 3.4 installed.

Reinstalled everything starting with the new standalone addon manager, then the FSDT and Flightbeam scenery, then the QW 757.

Greetings Umberto,
First of all, thank you for taking the time reply so promptly to this and every post on your company's forum.  I understand that running a business is demanding enough, but replying to customers is another level of effort unto itself. Again, thank you.

I did not include some details in my post that may have helped in your response.
- With regard to P3D versions, I have had P3D V3.4 (3.4.22.19868) installed on my machine since Feb 14 2017. I successfully installed P3D V4 (4.0.23.21468) on May 30 2017.
- I purchased FSDT KCLT on June 2, 2017 directly from FSDT/esellrate. This was the product I installed (for P3D V4) which started me down this path. ;)
- I initially installed KCLT in P3D V4. During the install, as I recall, I was prompted to update the StandAlone Installer which I did. It migrated all of my FSDT and FlightBeam products to P3D V4 and during the process prompted for the location for the AddonManager. I took the default. I then launched P3D V4 and was able to see all of the migrated scenery (all FSDT and Flightbeam products). I closed P3D V4 and then launched P3D V3.4 and for the first time got the "Unable to Start QW757-2" error message upon loading the QW 757. Also was unable to see any FSDT and Flightbeam products in P3D V3.4.

So, initially, the last thing I did was install the Addon Manager yet still got the "Unable to Start QW757-2" error message upon loading the QW 757. I could not find any solutions at the time in the forums (FSDT or flight1 QW), so on June 4 2017 I decided to remove everything and start over. To be certain, I downloaded all of the FSDT and Flightbeam products as well as the AddonInstaller Standalone, GSX and the QW757 installer to be sure I had the most current versions of all installed. I reinstalled in the order I mentioned in my post and now everything (FSDT and FlightBeam) works in both Prepar3D V3.4 and V4. However, the QW 757 continues to display the "Unable to Start QW757-2" error message.

As you mention, and as I did initially, the AddonManager was installed last yet I got the Qw757 error message. So, If installing the current/newest StandAlone Addon Manager last is the solution, then all I should need to do is re-run the Stand Alone Addon Manager again (effectively making that the last thing installed) and it should resolve this. Is that correct? Could running the FSDT Live Update take care of this?

Thank you in advance for your attention.
Jeffrey S. Bryner

jsbryner

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 07:24:41 pm »
Update to my last post: I just downloaded the Stand Alone installer (Version 4.0.0.1) from the FSDT website, chose update Prepar3D 3.x and 4.x and it ran successfully. I then opened Prepar3D 3.4, loaded the QW757 at (FSDT) KCLT. KCLT loaded just fine but the QW757-2 error still persists. I ran ProcMon and saw requests within the Prepar3D.exe process querying for a QW757.dll within %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3\ all of which fail. It finds QW757.gau, however. Not sure if this is related and if it is, how it could be resolved. Any help would be certainly appreciated.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 07:39:26 pm »
The .dll error is not really an error, the sim always tries to find a .dll before a .gau.

As you can see in this thread, the QW757 works fine with the latest Addon Manager. The screenshot shows KCLT, because KCLT works only with the latest Addon Manager and, as I've said in that thread, the only thing I did was to install the QW757 and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after it.

QW757-2

According to QW, this error means the gauge is running, it HAS found the Addon Manager, but it cannot find the activation. The new Addon Manager requires Couatl to be running in order to the activation to work.

Couatl is of course installed with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, but it's possible it hasn't started on your system for some reason so, check if you also have the Couatl menu under the Addons menu.

jsbryner

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 04:21:13 am »
The .dll error is not really an error, the sim always tries to find a .dll before a .gau.

As you can see in this thread, the QW757 works fine with the latest Addon Manager. The screenshot shows KCLT, because KCLT works only with the latest Addon Manager and, as I've said in that thread, the only thing I did was to install the QW757 and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after it.

QW757-2

According to QW, this error means the gauge is running, it HAS found the Addon Manager, but it cannot find the activation. The new Addon Manager requires Couatl to be running in order to the activation to work.

Couatl is of course installed with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, but it's possible it hasn't started on your system for some reason so, check if you also have the Couatl menu under the Addons menu.

Again, many thank you for your prompt and thorough response to my post(s).  I do have Couatl installed and operational and see it under the Add-ons menu with its submenus and can access all of the functions of Couatl. You mention that the QW757-2 error is related to activation, however under the Add-ons menu I select Addon Manager... then click on Quality Wings under Publisher, then click on Ultimate 757 Collection under Product and it indicates Product ACTIVE. Notwithstanding, I still have the QW757-2 error since the update of Addon Manager to 4.0.0.0 (it is now 4.0.0.3 at last update).  Notwithstanding your experience you evidence above, mine and others unfortunately have not been the same.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 10:02:31 am »
Notwithstanding, I still have the QW757-2 error since the update of Addon Manager to 4.0.0.0 (it is now 4.0.0.3 at last update).  Notwithstanding your experience you evidence above, mine and others unfortunately have not been the same.

My reply has been based on what QW told me about the meaning of the error, which means the Gauge couldn't verify the activation but, I can assure you that, if the Addon Manager is reporting the product as "Active" you can be sure it IS reporting it to the Gauge as such, and nothing has ever changed in the Addon Manager.

However, it's *possible* they might ALSO call Esellerate directly in the Gauge, and few months ago Esellerate has switched the activation servers, so we now use a different library to access them in the Addon Manager, so we don't include the old Esellerate .dll anymore in the Addon Manager, but this won't be a problem, since it IS included in the full QW757 installer. That's why we always say to install with the full QW757 first, and then the Addon Manager, so both .dll are surely installer.

But, just to be sure, do you have this file ?

C:\ProgramData\Esellerate\Esellerateengine.dll

Airshinx_13

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 03:42:11 pm »
I ran ProcMon and saw requests within the Prepar3D.exe process querying for a QW757.dll within %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3\ all of which fail. It finds QW757.gau, however. Not sure if this is related and if it is, how it could be resolved. Any help would be certainly appreciated.

Actually, i have tested out possible theories on my own end. I've noticed that inside of my P3DV3.4 gauges folder there is a "Qwings757" folder and inside of that it holds most of the gauges for the QW757.  I decided well lets test out by dragging those contents from that folder into the gauges folder. I fired up my sim and most of the gauges started loading except for the PFD and ND displays, and instead displayed "Startup error QW757-2" in blue, but everything else loaded ie. Lower ECAM, MCP, Overhead, ect. Had i not dragged those files from the QW757 folder into the gauges folder then those gauges would not have worked. I think the only thing i am missing is the 757.gau file. Did you happen to find it? At this point we are just doing theories on how to fix this issue...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:44:08 pm by Airshinx_13 »
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 04:03:08 pm »
I've noticed that inside of my P3DV3.4 gauges folder there is a "Qwings757" folder and inside of that it holds most of the gauges for the QW757.

No, it contains the *few* gauges which are made in XML. Most of the airplane code is in the QW757.GAU, which is the C++ part.

I think the only thing i am missing is the 757.gau file. Did you happen to find it? At this point we are just doing theories on how to fix this issue...

You mean you don't have it??? If's supposed to be in the main Gauges folder, which is where the QW757 installer places it. I surely have one, it's about 4MB, plus there's a smaller QW757_TCAS.GAU.

You really don't have it ? If yes, maybe the antivirus has removed it, which would explain every problem.

Airshinx_13

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 05:08:43 pm »
I think the only thing i am missing is the 757.gau file. Did you happen to find it? At this point we are just doing theories on how to fix this issue...

You really don't have it ? If yes, maybe the antivirus has removed it, which would explain every problem.

Actually i do have it. I did not look at the file name properly.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 05:11:42 pm »
And you have the Esellerate files in the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate\Esellerateengine.dll ?

Airshinx_13

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 05:13:19 pm »
And you have the Esellerate files in the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate\Esellerateengine.dll ?

Yes, yes i do.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 05:15:48 pm »
Ok, try this:

Download the Depends utility for x86 here:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Open the QW757.GAU file, and see if it reports errors like missing files. Note that, some of these errors might be misleading, so look the ones at the end of the list, and see if you find anything.

Errors reported here, would suggest some system libraries missing from your system.