Author Topic: Having trouble with license key not being accepted in P3dV4  (Read 3932 times)

Michael Moe

Hi,

Nothing happens when i insert the licenses key in V4. (it says its installed but in trial )

Is it because i have it in another folder than the previous P3Dv3 installation ? (F:\P3DV3\fsdreamteam) and now (F:\P3DV4\FSDREAMTEAM)

Do i have to uninstall the P3DV3 version first ?

Thanks
Michael Moe

Michael Moe

Re: Having trouble with license key not being accepted in P3dV4
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 08:58:12 pm »
Okay i uninstalled everything (all airports) and made a new combine folder on the drive outside any simulator and it works

Thanks
Michael Moe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »
It's best if you keep everything outside the sim: it's one of the main advantage of the new installation system allowed in P3D 3.3 and 4.0 that we switched over to, because it will allow you to reinstall the sim entirely, without having to reinstall the add-ons that use this system.

Michael Moe

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 08:07:55 am »
Thanks,

In this process i noticed that my Flightbeam scenerys was moved as well to this new "outside" folder (F:\ADDONMANAGER).

Does this meen that i dont need to reinstall them ?

Thanks
Michael Moe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 02:22:29 pm »
In this process i noticed that my Flightbeam scenerys was moved as well to this new "outside" folder (F:\ADDONMANAGER). Does this meen that i dont need to reinstall them ?

If you see them in the sim, it means everything worked, and you don't have to install them. And, you won't have to reinstall them even if you reinstall the sim entirely.