Author Topic: Addon Manager crashes Prepar3D v4 **SOLVED**  (Read 11366 times)

FireCapt

Addon Manager crashes Prepar3D v4 **SOLVED**
« on: June 02, 2017, 02:38:26 pm »
Umberto ,
I need your help on the addon manager Crashing Prepar3D v.4.  Everything else seems to install an is working in the background ie: all the airport are showing loaded into the sim and when I on the sim I can test the SODE dll and it reports back it active with 1.50.  but the minute I add the addon manager back into the add-ons. cfg. it crashes P#D V4's api.dll.  if I go ito the add-ons.cfg in  Appdata\roaming \LockheadMartin\Prepar3Dv4 and remove the addon manager entry, then save it.  Prepar3D v4 start normally again.

note, the DDL.xml, and exe.xml are totally naked, not a single addon in either one.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 02:59:35 pm by virtuali »

FireCapt

Re: Addon Manager crashes Prepar3D v4
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 06:35:33 pm »
Bump?? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 06:38:07 pm »
I don't think I can help you from the forum, you should contact me with a forum PM to arrange a Teamviewer session, so I can check you system directly.

FireCapt

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 06:47:35 pm »
hahaha,

I was just going to request a session with you. I'll PM you the info.  ;D

update: Sent you a PM
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:52:09 pm by FireCapt »

FireCapt

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 07:30:30 pm »
Try again please, Umberto  ;)

FireCapt

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 09:45:20 pm »
 ??? still here?

FireCapt

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 12:32:06 am »
bump ???
Can I get some help please?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 01:12:11 am »
I don't know that posting 43 minutes after your initial post, then 2 hours 15 minutes later, and then 2 hours 47 minutes later is going to make him respond any faster. Do keep in mind that people are in different time zones all around the world. With him being in Switzerland based off the information on his profile, he's likely not going to be awake at what would be night time over there (01:12 AM at the time of typing, to be exact).
Captain Kevin

FireCapt

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 01:28:10 am »
dude, you should really stay out of this. I been up since 2am, fighting with this to get my 8 sceneries and GSX that I paid for to work properly. :-[  if your not going to offer assistance. Please butt out.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 01:38:21 am »
You do realize you're posting in a public forum, so anybody can respond at any given time. In any case, I am trying to tell you why Umberto may not have responded. Do keep in mind that one person can't provide 24/7 support, so you really shouldn't expect an immediate response.
Captain Kevin

FireCapt

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 01:40:32 am »
Sorry Man, I 've been at this for 20 hrs already, and a bit punchy. I'll wait for him to respond. Thanks.
 ;)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 01:51:28 am »
It's fine. I understand that it can be frustrating when you spend all this time trying to get all these things to work. Unfortunately, given the nature of the situation, there's only really one person who can do anything about it with regards to a Teamviewer session, so you just have to have a little patience and remember that he's human, too.
Captain Kevin

FireCapt

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 02:53:26 pm »
Thank you Umberto for all you help sir.   ;D ;D ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 02:59:29 pm »
I just ended the Teamviewer session with FireCapt and the problem was fixed and, of course, it wasn't a problem of the Addon Manager (it never is), but Windows that decided to set automatically a registry key in the App Compatibility area of the registry, that doesn't appear in the "Compatibility" tab of the sim.

It's an error that appears randomly for many 3rd party modules, for example here:

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/thread/1523

Of course, in your case, the key will contain  $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<bglmanx.dll>, but the solution doesn't change:

Remove the key related to Prepar3D.EXE or FSX.EXE in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers key location of REGEDIT.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:45:46 pm by virtuali »

airbadger

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 04:17:01 pm »
I just ended the Teamviewer session with FireCapt and the problem was fixed and, of course, it wasn't a problem of the Addon Manager (it never is), but Windows that decided to set automatically a registry key in the App Compatibility area of the registry, that doesn't appear in the "Compatibility" tab of the sim.

It's an error that appears randomly for many 3rd party modules, for example here:

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/thread/1523

Of course, in your case, the key will contain  $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<bglmanx.dll>, but the solution doesn't change:

Remove the key related to Prepar3D.EXE or FSX.EXE in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers key location of REGEDIT.

I know this is old but I just want to say thanks for posting the solution... I was going crazy trying to fix this exact same start up crash I've been getting and this worked.