Author Topic: a couple v3 and v4 issues with GSX  (Read 4462 times)

Kilstorm

a couple v3 and v4 issues with GSX
« on: May 31, 2017, 10:52:14 pm »
I downloaded the newest GSX full installer and went to install them into v3 and v4.

I needed to update SODE which I did.

Upon doing the install GSX crashes when the pax arrive and are about to get out of the van..I believe this is a known issue that might have a fix in the works. This is in v4.

In v3, I lost my KDEN scenery as it looks as if it was moved. I know v4 will be placing scenery in the documents folder and not inside the sim but wasnt expecting KDEN to get moved in v3. Also in v3 is the GSX crash due to me using the Twin Otter which is also being reported in another thread.

I uninstalled GSX, the Addon Manager and Couatl and then reinstalled GSX using an older version for v3 which worked. I then had to reinstall my 3 Flight Beam scenery airports.

I'm going to hold off on trying to install anymore FSDT products in v4 until I have better idea what to do and expect but wanted to report these findings in case it was helpful.

I'm now getting an issue of "another SODE is running when trying to start the sim" as it would seem 1.42 is installed and the older GSX install put the older version in? Not sure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: a couple v3 and v4 issues with GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:02:05 pm »
It's no use going back to older versions, the point would be having the new version working. The sceneries will be moved in V3 too, but there's no reason why they wouldn't work in V3 too.

However, it's not possible to say more without checking your installation precisely.

With your sceneries installed in the "old way", you can run the installer in logging mode, by opening a command prompt ( Start->CMD->Enter ) and go to the folder were the installer file is located (gsx_fsx_setup.exe) , and type the following:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe /LOG=logfile.txt

Run the installer and wait for the error to appear. A log.txt file should have been created in the same folder. ZIP it and send it to me by EMAIL, using the small mail icon under the fsdt logo in my forum avatar.

Kilstorm

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 02:20:43 am »
So both v3 and v4 both show SODE 1.5.0 which has me believe I have those installed correctly.

v4 GSX works. v3 when I load up the Twin Otter Extended at KDEN I get this error:

couatl v3.2 (build 3823)
panic log started on Wed May 31 20:06:45 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\__init__.py", line 137, in onSimStart
  File "couatl\common\collisions.py", line 54, in reloadGeometries
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 1263, in getAircraftData
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 694, in __init__
ValueError: need more than 21 values to unpack
{}
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL
intelliscene.cfg provides aircraft data with priority 1
Using aircraft data from intelliscene.cfg
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 732, in onSimStart
{}
Airport cache regeneration report:
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueYonder\Heron's Nest\scenery\orthoimage_HeronIsland_LOD4-18.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport
Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueYonder\Heron's Nest\scenery processed in 0.001 seconds
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Addon Scenery\KACK\scenery processed in 0 seconds
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery\iby_cargo_trucks_p3d.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery\iby_car_lib_p3d.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery\iby_lib_cars_p3d.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery\iby_nature.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery\KACK_30cm_ortho.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery\kack_lib_common.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery\kack_lib_p3d.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery\Nantucket_1m_blended_mesh.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery\nantucket_ortho_60cm.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport
Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\iBlueyonder\Nantucket\scenery processed in 0.007 seconds

add it just keeps going down my list of airports in my addons.

ADDITIONALLY, the issue of Coutal moving my FlightBeam airports to a new location has caused this in both v3 and v4...they are listed at the top of the addon list with checkmarks but they are greyout out to where I can not click on them. I can not delete them, I can not move them. I really just wanted to update GSX in v3 and install it in v4 and not have anything done with my scenery.

I then downloaded the KDEN FlightBeam installer and ran it for v4 to which it added the scenery so I can now see it when I am at the airport but I still can not move it or delete it in the list. It also didnt add a new KDEN to the list. I really dont like not being able to delete or move it and would like to know how or what file to open to delete it from the scenery list so I can install it correctly.

As for GSX in v3, I too would liketo keep v2 of GSX there but get it running.

I have a good amount of your scenery as well but didnt install it in v3 during my recent new computer build as I was waiting for v4.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kilstorm

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:25:39 am »
I just tried starting v3 with a different plane and it loaded and GSX didnt crash, I switched to the Twin Otter Extended and it crashed with this report:
couatl v3.2 (build 3823)
panic log started on Wed May 31 20:23:10 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
  File "couatl\common\__init__.py", line 137, in onSimStart
  File "couatl\common\collisions.py", line 54, in reloadGeometries
{}
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL
intelliscene.cfg provides aircraft data with priority 1
Using aircraft data from intelliscene.cfg
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 732, in onSimStart
{}

Kilstorm

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 03:37:41 am »
Figured out the scenery issue as it seems  that by placing an XML file in the My Documents, P3Dv3 Addon Files folder and redirecting to the Addon Manager folder causes the scenery to be locked and you can not move it up or down in the list of addon scenery.  Not exactly happy about that incase it later conflicts with other scenery and remains to where I can not put anything above them.

So now its just down to the Twin Otter GSX crash in v3.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 03:39:33 am »
So now its just down to the Twin Otter GSX crash in v3.

It will surely fixed tomorrow (it's 3:38 AM now here...), and it seems related only to airplanes with an intelliscene.cfg but without a full GSX customization.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 01:40:41 pm »
Fixed with the current Live Update. Just run the FSDT Live Update icon on the Desktop to get it.

Kilstorm

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 07:01:46 pm »
Thank you. All up in running correctly now in both v3 and v4. had to figure out this new folder system which in the long run will make things easier on updates and with the live updater that helps a lot as well. I suppose the issue with the scenery being frozen or greyed out in the addon scenery list is something on LM side and they will need to fix that so we can move addon scenery in the list in the event a addon needs to be moved higher or lower in priorty to other addon scenery files.

Thank you once again.