Author Topic: Prepar3D 4 announced: FSDT is ready!  (Read 61396 times)

nigelgrant

Re: Prepar3D 4 announced: FSDT is ready!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2017, 06:41:44 pm »
I downloaded and installed P3Dv4 successfully then installed my FSDT sceneries, ie Vancouver, Geneva, Zurich, Honolulu, and Hawaiian Airports 1 and 2.  All went very well and I was most impressed by your new installation system.  The airports look really good in this new 64 bit simulator.

But I have a question – all the FSDT sceneries are layered at the top of the scenery library in P3D and cannot be moved to another layer location– why is this?

I greatly appreciate your updating your sceneries to P3D_4, particularly for free.

Regards
Nigel
Vancouver

Ps I posted a similar message last night but it appears to have disappeared.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2017, 07:00:23 pm »
But I have a question – all the FSDT sceneries are layered at the top of the scenery library in P3D and cannot be moved to another layer location– why is this?

We don't exactly know why.

Or, more precisely, we know this happens because these sceneries are not in the scenery.cfg anymore, but we don't know why LM has decided to lock the ability to rearrange areas added with the new add-on.xml method in the UI of the Scenery Library page. The system surely supports a layering system so, if someone really wanted to do it, he can always work on the various add-on.xml files in the Documents\Prepar3d v4 folder, and add a <Layer> tag, with a number indicating the priority in relationship with the other items in the Scenery Library.

We asked LM for clarifications, and if they have plans to add this feature in an upgrade. Or, it's possible that some 3rd party developer might come up with a solution. There's nothing in the new system that prevents rearranging, just it's not exposed in the sim UI.

nigelgrant

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2017, 07:14:33 am »
Hi Umberto
Thx for the quick response and explanation - I have some learning to do!
regards
Nigel

Brian S

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 04:54:30 am »
Hey FSDT, can you explain why AFCAD's now compiled in Airport Design Editor cause issues with the runways in your KMEM scenery in V4?  Worked fine in V3.  I reinstalled KMEM in V4 with my custom AFCAD (renamed the .BGL to .bac of your AFCAD so it would not conflict) so my FedEx AI planes (based on real world schedules, so they are over 100) have a place to park without disappearing.  Unfortunately, the runway numbers and markings are not visible any longer and the runways do not look right, so obviously it's the custom AFCAD.  I recompiled in ADE with the V4 SDK, same issue.  I put your AFCAD back in and it display's fine.  So obviously something in V4 or KMEM in V4 is different.  My V3 custom AFCADS at your other airports work fine in V4. Any thoughts on what may cause this?  If no fix it will be a complete re-do on hundreds of parking spots using your new one as a base.  I do see though it seems you have more spots this time, but I customize my work a bit more and make sure I have spots for Mountain Air Cargo ATRS and C208's.   New techniques on the runways in V4?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 11:12:33 am »
Our AFCAD is 100% SDK compliant, it's compiled with the standard Bglcomp.exe, and doesn't have anything strange or unusual. You should just be sure the editor you use supports everything, and doesn't change something with another default.

Brian S

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 05:54:48 pm »
Our AFCAD is 100% SDK compliant, it's compiled with the standard Bglcomp.exe, and doesn't have anything strange or unusual. You should just be sure the editor you use supports everything, and doesn't change something with another default.

Ok, thanks for the response.  ADE has not been updated to V4 yet, although I used the V4 bgl.comp to compile from the SDK after trying my V3 version first.  Weird that my old custom AFCAD's from V3 work on all your older airports in V4, but not at KMEM.  I noticed this with Aerosoft EGLL and PANC also, all other airports are fine.   Just bought KCLT this morning, going to give it a try now. 

walterg74

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 10:00:57 pm »
Here's a stupid question... are *ALL* the products now compatible with v4?  Are some of them so old that are not recommended?  (Thinking of Hawaii, Zurich, Ft. Lauterdale, etc.).

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2017, 01:42:18 pm »
Some of the older products might have some small visual issues, but in general they are all compatible.

windshear

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 01:05:41 am »
Can I still use my old AFCAD/ADEX files?
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2017, 03:01:16 pm »
Can I still use my old AFCAD/ADEX files?

The only things that are not compatible are .DLL modules and .GAU, which must be ported to 64 bit. All the rest basically works.

windshear

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2017, 08:25:18 pm »
Great thanks!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

asturias

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2017, 11:33:27 am »
Good morning, are the products updated to V4?

pete_auau

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2017, 03:05:13 pm »
read  the  4  post  up  from yours  i believe,  been  asked  and  answered

01pewterz28

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 02:43:19 am »
Great news just purchased P3Dv4 and will be moving away from FSX.

Terblanche

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 02:49:24 am »
Don't know what or where or why ... but I installed CYVR, KORD, and KSFO (Flightbeam) with P3D4 option selected.
1. The scenery was not added to the scenery.cfg file and I had to do it manually via the latest SceneryConfigEditor v1.1.9
2. To my horror the FPS dropped to 3-5 FPS at night and back to 45-50 during daytime of which I expect it has to do with the Dynamic Light system in P3D4

Except if I'm doing something terribly wrong somewhere  :-\
Hope so, because then I can fix it.

Any tip or advice will be welcomed.
Regards
Terblanche
Terblanche Jordaan