Author Topic: KORD ?  (Read 3546 times)

skimmer

KORD ?
« on: February 07, 2009, 01:03:19 am »
Just bought KORD. Lots to learn. Ooops, no 31L at KORD but ATC assighned me to land 31L. Plus having prob with no default aircraft at gates.When I start at KORD and I mean anywhere at the airport with Boeing or CRJ700 or any aircraft there is only a few aircraft at ,Cargo or Parking areas,only.Also, I keep reading all on fsdreamteam,here, but cant find any reference to (addon mangager2.5.1.2 for FSX ) settings,like Poolsize and all others.
 Thankyou for any info. Many ?s one or two at a time untill answer,Ill keep reading.             THANKYOU

Skimmer2
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 02:30:17 am by skimmer2 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 01:05:49 pm »
Hi,

The 31L runway is a dummy one, that appears because the "star technique" is used in the AFCAD, to allow multiple runways use by AI. It's s very known method, but it also have this side effect. You can read a lot of this in the AFCAD discussions

The AFCAD is also really optimized for use with an addon AI traffic package, that seems to be what the vast majority of users use so, parking assignement is mainly driven by Airline code, and the default AI don't have any, that's why you see them parked at random. If you use addon AI, they'll park at (mostly) correct spots, because addon AI models always have an airline code that matches the ones found in the KORD AFCAD parking spots.

The Addon Manager settings are not relevant to the Addon Manager itself, but rather to FSX as a whole. They don't work only with out sceneries, they apply globally to the sim. It's basically a free FSX tweaker included in the product.

For more informations about what the tweaks do, have a look here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/06/01/fsx-tweak-of-the-week-or-2.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/05/15/new-tweaks-in-sp1.aspx

skimmer

Re: KORD ?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:04:23 pm »
Thankyou ,I found your info and the P.Taylor threads very helpful I will continue to study all. have good day.

Thanks, Skimmer2