Author Topic: Avatar in FSX  (Read 3999 times)

Butch

« on: February 15, 2017, 08:36:25 pm »
Even though I use FSX/A I manage to see ground crew (animated) and wonder why they work in FSX/A but the Tower Avatar doesn't.

https://s9.postimg.org/5zfrus9vz/avatar.jpg
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:20:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Avatar in FSX
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:22:07 pm »
The Avatar is not the "tower Avatar", it's the P3D Avatar, which is a standard feature offered by Prepar3D by default. We haven't programmed anything of it, we JUST made the scenery to have something worth visiting with the Avatar.

Butch

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 10:41:38 pm »
I plan on converting to P3d (got a B-day coming up and it's on my list.)
I would like to keep both sims and maybe just get another dedicated to P3d HD for my rig.

Using "Bob" I was able to slew to the KMEM tower and ascending up with the 3 key I could see the animated  people in the tower
but when I got out of the slew mode bob fell to the ground. Bummer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 11:32:33 pm »
Using "Bob" I was able to slew to the KMEM tower and ascending up with the 3 key I could see the animated  people in the tower but when I got out of the slew mode bob fell to the ground. Bummer.

Yes, that's to be expected.

We programmed a fairly complex custom collision system for the Avatar, which allows him to walk, climb stairs, take the elevator, and be constrained by the actual wall perimeters of the walls, without falling down, but that only works with the "real" P3D Avatar.