Author Topic: Floating signs over KMEM  (Read 4065 times)

masondom

Floating signs over KMEM
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:57 am »
Hi Umberto,

I know that somebody else got this bug too in Memphis scenery. I am having it for a while now.

Over and over KMEM updates, i though that it would be fixed but this is very specific.

Is there a simple procedure to correct this or is it involving a deeper insight procedure ?

Thank you very much if you can help. Memphis is huge but this is spoiling the fun.

remark : this is not related to the artefacts bug. (see also post from lucvanasse).

Best
Dom Mason
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:05:01 am by masondom »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Floating signs over KMEM
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:42:56 am »
remark : this is not related to the artefacts bug. (see also post from lucvanasse).

Yes, it's exactly the same problem. There's a whole object rotated 90 degrees, and it's a problem related to video settings that seems to be happening only on FSX+SP2 (not FSX+XPack, FSX:SE or P3D) and we thought to have it fixed it in the latest version.

If you are sure you are using the latest KMEM version, I'm afraid the only possible thing to try all of these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

masondom

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 03:14:08 pm »

Thanks you. I will try this.
yes, i know that this one is tricky. Sometimes you don"t see them and some other time, you do.
Did a full approach  on 36C last time without seeing these artefacts. And then, yesterday, it appeared again.

Will keep youposted about the progress.

Dom Mason
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:16:01 pm by masondom »

masondom

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:33:15 am »
Hi Umberto.

As suggested, i tried FSX with a new blank fsx.CFG and i totally reloaded KMEM scenery and the addon manager.
I did not try to reset my graphic driver yet.(if you know a simple process in order to do that....)
One question though, Do you think that i will encounter the same floating signs in the upcoming Charlotte scenery ?

Thanks
Dom Mason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:36:57 am »
One question though, Do you think that i will encounter the same floating signs in the upcoming Charlotte scenery ?

Since weren't able to replicate it on KMEM and, after we finally were (only on FSX+SP2, not FSX+Xpack or FSX:SE), we made a fix that made them going away even in FSX+SP2, I don't think my reply would be very meaningful.

It's really time to let go of FSX...at least try to use the Steam version, but FSX+SP2 has too many issues, which nobody will be able to fix.

masondom

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 09:52:47 am »
Thanks Umberto, appreciated.
Yes i definitely will.

Dom