Author Topic: This Is Not Good, very Serious Problem Here - Addon Manager Disappears  (Read 34320 times)

Leemazz

Re: This Is Not Good, very Serious Problem Here - Addon Manager Disappears
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2017, 09:58:02 pm »
I would consider a refund at the minute for all 10 sceneries i have purchased but dont really want that , i will have to teamview when i install it , never used it . Im not angry i just dont see why it will not work and to be honest i cant be bothered wasting more time because of an update which should just install like the previous version , as a paying customer i expect it to work like everybody else should , but i guess its me that has the problem or i didnt install correct .

Im not angry or mad or whatever , im just a paying customer

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2017, 10:03:43 pm »

I think FSDT is doing a great job. Every problem has been solved within 48 hours after it has been reported as long as
customers do as they're asked (to contact privately and plan the support session).
Other developers most of the time don't even get back to you in that timeframe.

Keep up the good work guys!

Here here!! The hostility and impatience when it's not even an FSDT fault. The VAST majority of users haven't even had an issue with this update.

Well done Umberto and to everyone at FSDT.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2017, 10:05:18 pm »
You don't *have* to use Teamviewer but, thanks to other users that did that, we found a couple of issues (most of them it wasn't GSX), which has been already fixed, so I ask you to try reinstalling it now, because there are updated files online that might work better.

We'll have a Teamviewer session only if that wouldn't work too.

Jetspaul

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2017, 12:26:11 am »
Think I may have tumbled onto somthing interesting. I have been dealing with the same problem.

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Sat Feb 04 08:47:54 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'CYVR', 'User Pos': (49.18484791122503, -123.1617278293762, 6.11661 m, 1.81111 m, 280.74835644207025)}
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSXit_Xpoi_fr2'
{'Airport': 'CYVR', 'User Pos': (49.18484791122503, -123.1617278293762, 6.11661 m, 1.81111 m, 280.74835644207025)}

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   couatl.exe
  Application Version:   3.1.0.3625
  Application Timestamp:   58921765
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   018b0577
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I think I may have accidently fixed it. I decided to go into couatl and run the updater from my P3DV3.4 folder, after restarting P3D I noticed the problem had disapeard.  I then decided to reinstall another one of my FSdreamteam sceneries, after reinstalling I ended up with the same problem again. So then I re ran the couatl updater from inside my P3D folder restarted P3D and the problem was solved again. I ended up resinstyalling all of my FSDT an FB sceneries going the through the same process. I cant explain it but it seemed to have worked. I hope this can help someone else out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2017, 12:50:29 am »
Think I may have tumbled onto somthing interesting. I have been dealing with the same problem.

Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSXit_Xpoi_fr2'

Yes, the problem of the missing XPOI objects has been discussed on other threads, and the solution was to manually remove the fsdreamteam\Couatl\XPOI folder.

So then I re ran the couatl updater from inside my P3D folder restarted P3D and the problem was solved again. I ended up resinstyalling all of my FSDT an FB sceneries going the through the same process. I cant explain it but it seemed to have worked. I hope this can help someone else out.

That's exactly what is supposed to be happening.

We updated the Couat_updater.exe, which is the file that gets launched automatically when you get a "minor update" notification from the sim, to clean up the XPOI folder (and any other unused folder, in case the related product was removed), because not everyone might have read the forum for the solution.

Of course, we also updated all the current installers too, but it would be a bit overkill to redownload them all, just to get that clean up feature, which is in the Couat_updater.exe anway now.

nevetrek

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2017, 01:27:34 am »
Could you please try installing normal version online ?

So there's a new Addon Manager .DLL online now to try, for all those affected.

Thank's  Umberto
I just " test " this new DLL ,  ... But the issue are again the same, any not change the problem !  :-\ it still again present with same issue from yesterday.
After this "test" , that's again necessary come back to the old version for not have all add-on  deactivated again !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2017, 01:46:46 am »
I just " test " this new DLL ,  ... But the issue are again the same, any not change the problem ! 

But your problem was just missing menus, not a crash, right ? This new version cannot do anything to do this, since missing menus are always caused by a problem in the system, or the antivirus, which is why I sent to you a thread listing all the known causes of missing menus, without a crash.

Try all of them, and if it still doesn't work, contact me tomorrow to arrange a Teamviewer session.

nevetrek

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2017, 02:12:13 am »

But your problem was just missing menus, not a crash, right ?
Not Crash .... but not only problem missing menus, If I use your last updated that's also all Airport working under Coalt disappears and déactivated ... not only the menus !

This new version cannot do anything to do this, since missing menus are always caused by a problem in the system, or the antivirus, which is why I sent to you a thread listing all the known causes of missing menus, without a crash. Try all of them, and if it still doesn't work,

No antivirus ...   8)
The problems you are listing are known for a long time ! If that was the case, the January version would not work either! Or, if I reinstall the previous version (BGLmanx 3.1.0.0) and GSX (1.9.9.10) all work normally!
If Simmconect or antivirus or virtual c ++ had a problem, the previous version would not work either ... it seems to me !!!

kymh

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2017, 02:18:57 am »
You don't *have* to use Teamviewer but, thanks to other users that did that, we found a couple of issues (most of them it wasn't GSX), which has been already fixed, so I ask you to try reinstalling it now, because there are updated files online that might work better.

We'll have a Teamviewer session only if that wouldn't work too.

Thanks for your efforts thus far Umberto and the team.

I have had all of the issues mentioned with coutal, the add-on manager and GSX.

All errors magically went away by reinstalling GSX with your fixes this morning with everything back in place in the menus.

Strangely though, after restarting the PC and Prepar3d 3.4.18.19475 with everything loading without errors, the  GSX Menu will now not show after clicking from the drop-down menu or from pressing Shift-Ctrl-F12 nor will Shift-Ctrl-F11 Show YouControl work - all other functions are OK.

Any ideas appreciated but please, no rush at all as I can still fly here and if I couldn't for a while, life would still go on.
In the meantime, I`ll try disabling other plugins one at a time to see if I can find something that causes a conflict.

Thanks again for your efforts despite the pressures from those who perhaps don't understand the complexity of our infinitely different systems, and configurations.

Stay sane and keep up the good work :-)

####
I deleted my prepar3d.cfg allowing P3D to build a new one and put all my settings back and all is now OK so something in prepar3d.cfg, nothing to do with FSDT, was causing the above.

The  GSX Menu still will now not show after clicking from the drop-down menu or Shift-Ctrl-F12 but this problem is now only with the Iris Pilatus PC-24 aircraft loaded.
It's even working properly with a memory hoh such as the TFDi 717-200 so I'm more than happy.

Thanks once again and I'll leave you in peace :-)

Regards Kym H
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 03:19:43 am by kymh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2017, 02:16:47 pm »
All errors magically went away by reinstalling GSX with your fixes this morning with everything back in place in the menus.

Well, not magically, really.

Those fixes were the result of the whole of yesterday spent on Teamviewer with the many users that contacted me, who have been very helpful finding some difficult to replicate issues, that lead to an update.

Strangely though, after restarting the PC and Prepar3d 3.4.18.19475 with everything loading without errors, the  GSX Menu will now not show after clicking from the drop-down menu or from pressing Shift-Ctrl-F12 nor will Shift-Ctrl-F11 Show YouControl work - all other functions are OK.

This is entirely unrelated to GSX.

It's a known P3D installation bug. If you updated it using only the Client installer, no 3rd party application that use a menu will be able to show it, because LM haven't included the updated files required by the new Scaleform (transparent) menu in the Client installer.

In order to fix this, you must:

- Uninstall the P3D Client

- Download either the P3D Content file or the P3D Full installer.

- Install the Content, then reinstall the Client or, if you downloaded the Full installer, just the Full installer.

Anis

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2017, 07:35:41 pm »
unfortunatly , i tried everything i still missing GSX and no one of my FSDT scenery is working :(
P3D 3.4.22.19868
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:12:46 pm by Anis »

Leemazz

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 08:39:01 pm »
Same , tried the new update but still no menu in FSX

dnagato

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2017, 01:49:50 pm »
Everyday I download new updates, but still not work. Tried all the things you can think . No success :(. I Lost all my fsdreamteam and I have all.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:44:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2017, 02:45:24 pm »

But your problem was just missing menus, not a crash, right ? This new version cannot do anything to do this, since missing menus are always caused by a problem in the system, or the antivirus, which is why I sent to you a thread listing all the known causes of missing menus, without a crash.

Try all of them, and if it still doesn't work, contact me tomorrow to arrange a Teamviewer session.

dnagato

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2017, 04:32:26 pm »

My friend, I don't have any antivirus installed, also windows defender was deactivated. I uninstalled and reinstalled all version disponible from last week. No success, only work old version :(, who can help me ?