Products Support > Memphis KMEM Support FSX/P3D

KMEM Performance Update

(1/5) > >>

virtuali:
We released a major update for KMEM scenery, which focuses on performances and it also improves the visual quality of many textures, especially on ground. By doing a lot of careful optimization when possible, and redoing a lot of textures, we were able to obtain significant VAS saving, which will be helpful if using the scenery together with many complex addons.

Some testing results, using the default A321 with 0 traffic, sitting on the apron at KMEM:

Old version:

FSX SP2 with DirectX 9 1.7 GB
FSX SP2 with DirectX 10 1.3 GB
P3D V3.4 1.6 GB

New version:

FSX SP2 with DirectX 9 1.5 GB
FSX SP2 with DirectX 10 1.1 GB
P3D V3.4 1.5 GB

So, it's usually a 150-200 MB VAS saving over the previous version. Which hasn't been obtained by compromising the overall visual quality. In fact, most of the ground textures has been remade, so you'll find this version will look even better, in addition to be more optimized.

To install the new version, download the FULL KMEM installer. No need to uninstall the old version: the installer will know what to do and will remove files not needed anymore.

jscarano:
Thanks

Gonzilein1970:
Hi, it´s good to read that mak a great Update about this Airport-maybe now you can use the Airport without Crashs.
But Why you did make Test with a Default Airplane (A321)-nobody use this Plane:(
And why you talk about the Update with around 200 MB with the Full KMEM Installer, if i can only find a Installer with more than 400MB to download??
Thanks a Lot for the Answer.

Michael

skyline223:
I also hope this increases the stability of KMEM. After having numerous CTDs on both mine and my friend's rig, we both made the decision to uninstall it. May give this update a shot.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Gonzilein1970 on February 02, 2017, 09:22:43 pm ---Hi, it´s good to read that mak a great Update about this Airport-maybe now you can use the Airport without Crashs.
--- End quote ---

The airport never crashed. Your sim crashed, because you have exhausted memory with some other memory-hungry airplane so, adding a detailed airport surely won't "improve" the memory consumption.

That's the whole point of the update: trying to SAVE some memory that was mostly already consumed by other addons, so users won't assume the crash was caused by KMEM...

--- Quote ---But Why you did make Test with a Default Airplane (A321)-nobody use this Plane
--- End quote ---

The airplane used doesn't make ANY difference. We wanted to show the difference between the PREVIOUS KMEM and the UPDATED KMEM, all other things being equal. It's not as if you use a different airplane, the difference between the previous and current KMEM would change in any way.

But of course, we post the figures with a default plane, so everybody will realize that, if they have something like 3.7 GB (almost sure it will crash) used at KMEM, the cause is NOT the airport.

--- Quote ---And why you talk about the Update with around 200 MB with the Full KMEM Installer, if i can only find a Installer with more than 400MB to download??
--- End quote ---

You are now confusing the size of the installer, with the expected memory SAVINGS. I said you can expect the VAS taken to be about 150-200 MB LESS than it used to be, not the installer is 200MB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version