Author Topic: Bright taxiway and runway lighting  (Read 7649 times)

Smerriman

Bright taxiway and runway lighting
« on: January 31, 2017, 09:58:26 am »
Hi,
I am having a problem with very bright taxiway and runway lighting at Geneva with FSX SE.

I have REX installed but the only textures I use in that are clouds and water, also Orbx Global, Vector, open LC Europe, UK2000 and GSX

Zurich looks ok apart from perhaps a little blurred (but that could be because I am looking for faults), all UK2000 and default airports are ok.

I haven’t got DX10, Bloom or lens flare enabled
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Geneva

Fairly recent reformat and reinstallation Windows 10, past 2 months or so.
6700k,
980ti Graphics card  

If anybody could shed some light on what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks
Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bright taxiway and runway lighting
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:03:10 am »
Geneva uses standard FSX airport lights so, you shouldn't see any difference with any other airport, surely not in FSX (in P3D, there might be different issue regarding backward compatibility with some FSX sceneries)

If you have blurred textures, that might affect the scenery, try to be sure you use Anisotropic filtering at 16X in the Video Card Control Panel, and set it to Enhance/Override the application setting.

Smerriman

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 12:52:59 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thank you for your reply, general airport textures are nice and sharp and I am sure ( I will check when I get home form work) I have Anisotropic filtering at 16X set in Nvidia Inspector, it just seams to be the lights I am having problems with.

Many thanks
Steve

Smerriman

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 07:40:44 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I have tried an older Nvidia driver just incase that was causing a problem, deleted FSX cfg, and I have messed about with lighting textures in Rex which were not selected before, but nothing seams to change the lighting, as I mentioned the airport textures look great just the lighting.

Not the end of the world, I don't fly at night very often (too scary) and if I get a spare weekend sometime I might reinstall FSX, if the problem isn't obvious to you, it must be something else messing with Geneva.

Many thanks
Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 12:32:10 pm »
From your last screenshot, it seems you must have some 3rd party optional lights package, and this will surely affect any airport using default lights.

Smerriman

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 01:02:08 pm »
Last night I uninstalled everything to do with FSX and reformatted my fsx SSD so it was clean, (not windows SSD) reinstalled and the first thing I installed was Geneva on fresh install of FSX SE and it was like that, that screen shot was later with other addons, so not sure, unless something was left in the registry pointing it in the wrong direction.

I did try adding this in the cfg but made no difference
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0

As I say don't worry too much about it, I mainly fly in daylight, and Geneva looks fantastic then.

Many thanks
Steve

Smerriman

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 01:36:42 pm »
I have just upgraded to P3d V4 and happy to report the lighting is no longer a problem, airport looks fantastic, just now waiting for PMDG for a decent plane to fly in to it.

Thank you for your continued support
Steve
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 02:26:25 pm by Smerriman »