Author Topic: Autogen surrounding o'hare  (Read 8308 times)

aal763

Autogen surrounding o'hare
« on: January 20, 2009, 08:44:21 pm »
First off I would like to say great job on the scenery it is truly an amazing experience to fly in it.  I just wanted to ask if you plan on including buildings that are not included in the current product in the upcoming update.  Some of these buildings could include the allstate arena, hotels surrounding the airport, and the buildings north of the north east cargo ramp.  The streetsigns on the way into o'hare would be awesome as these are quintessential to the perfect o'hare experience. 

aal763

Re: Autogen surrounding o'hare
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:25:46 pm »
I forgot to add, that toll booths along I90 would be cool also.  "The Hill" off of runway 14R-32L should be modeled in my opinion.  It would add a great sense of realism to the whole airport.

BOOM

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:42:15 pm »
Hello,being a Chicago resident I'd love to see this also,heck I dream of everything surounding O'Hare to be modeled,but realisticly I know FSDT has other projets right now that need attention,I'd be very happy with the new runway to be added in a update.

Patrick

aal763

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 11:33:24 pm »
Yeah, I practically breathe aviation in Chicago.  O'hare is my favorite airport in the world, and I think the surrounding area needs to be detailed a little more realistically.  You can purchase the Chicago City Pack from MegaScenery Earth website.  But it is only photoscenery and only the spring/summer season is represented.  If only Horizon Simulations created a FSX version of VFR: Chicago.  In my oppinion I think Aerosoft needs to do a Chicago X Scenery Package. 

BOOM

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 01:42:54 pm »
Cool!!! Thanks very much for the info on Megascenery Chicago city pack,I'll have to check that out.I love Chicago aviation as well,I live in the flight path of runway 28,basicly I look up and see the Heavies just as they call for a landing o.k. and drop their gear,I keep looking for when a A380 is going to flyby!!! lol
Cheers/Patrick/

Patrick

BOOM

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 03:29:10 pm »
 Hello,I did in fact purchase Megascenery Chicago pack and love it!!! You do need to be at a reasonable altitude to enjoy it but it's fantastic!!! What's really neat is on approach to your favorite runway at KORD picking out landmarks that you know along the flight path..ie,parks,golfcourses,schools,stripmalls,I even flew over my own house[looks like I need a new roof this summer,haha ;D] I'ts basicly like flying over a Google Map of Chicago,pretty cool!

Patrick

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 06:15:25 pm »
I didn't get the Chicago pack, I just bought the single tile surrounding O'Hare. Unfortunately, Megascenery Earth didn't include winter textures, so the line where the tile ends and default begins sticks out like a sore thumb.  ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

BOOM

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 12:13:26 am »
 Hello Bruce,Yeah same here,only summer and night time textures,on the plus side it seems to be very fps friendly.

Patrick

aal763

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 12:55:47 am »
Do you think the FPS are better than the default? Also, is their autogen when flying at low levels.

BOOM

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 04:27:35 pm »
Hello,I find the FPS to be much improved over default,the scenery is really good the higher your altitude.the lower you go the flater it gets and becomes unrealistiic I'm affraid.

Patrick