Author Topic: Esellrate question  (Read 8789 times)

Hodge001

Esellrate question
« on: September 07, 2008, 03:30:32 am »
Hi

I was hoping that somebody could shed some light on why when I start FSX, I get random popup messages apparently from esellrate asking for serial number confirmation, which if I don’t connect to the internet and click on connect in the popup window FSX closes down, I also get other random errors are the “flight simulator has detected a problem with a third party program (add-on)

Name bglmanxDynamic Link Library
Version 2,5,0,5
Company VIRTUALI s.a.s
File bglmanx.dll

To which I reply run.

I have only just reinstalled everything from Windows XP +SP3, to FSX + SP2, after a system crash that resulted in my replacing the hard drives, and I can’t remember getting the serial number confirmation when I first installed LSZH and KORD on the original drives, and as FSDT products are the only ones I purchased via anything remotely to do with esellrate, I have to conclude that the two items are related.

I have tried installing the stand alone addon manger, with no change.

Full system specs

Windows XP + Sp3
FSX + SP2 (not Accelleration)
2GB Duel channel memory
NVIDIA 8600GT 512Mb
2 x WD 320 GB drives with Windows on drive C, and FSX on drive D

Thanks for any help in advance.

Jim Hodkinson
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:34:19 am by Hodge001 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Esellrate question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 10:33:07 am »
It's normal you didn't get an activation request when purchasing, because the purchase also activated the product at the same time.

The request for activation is done only once: when you reinstall the product on a new hardware. This requires an internet connection active, but only once. After the serial number is activated, the activation is stored on the registry, and will stay there until you either change hardware or reinstall Windows.

You need to let it activate your purchased products, otherwise it will keep asking to activate.

It's best if you start your internet connection before launching FSX and, with some video drivers, it's best if you do the procedure in Windowed mode. After activating, you can close FSX and lauching again (in full screen, if this is what you normally use), and it will not ask the activation confirmation again, until the next change of hardware.

Hodge001

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 03:16:09 pm »
Hi

Firstly, thank you for the fast response, I appreciate it.

I have done as you said, and have started FSX whilst online, received the serial number confirmation popup and connected, I have then closed FSX and then gone offline yet still get the serial number confirmation popup at random times, and when I have my network connected I will always receive the confirmation required popup.

I have now confirmed my serial number over twenty times when my computer is online and I have then started FSX, received the popup, and confirmed my serial number.

Both LSZH and KORD worked perfectly well on my networked computer before, so I’m now seriously thinking of wiping the FSX drive and reinstalling FSX without LSZH or KORD, as I run my ATC and Nav software on the networked computers that are not secure for use on the internet, and if it comes to a choice, I would rather have the ATC program running as the default ATC is I think we can all agree pretty poor.

This is a quick rundown of what happens under certain circumstances.

Offline Networked no other computers switched on = serial number confirmation required 100% of the time.

Offline Networked one other computer switched on = serial number confirmation required 100% of the time.

Offline no Network = serial number confirmation required approximately 60% of the time.

Online no Network = serial number confirmation required approximately 20% of the time.

I hope that this problem can be rectified, as I would really miss the scenery at LSZH and KORD, and was looking forward to adding JFK to the collection.

Once again thanks for you response, and I hope that we can eventually get everything running correctly.

Jim Hodkinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 04:17:38 pm »
As I've said, what's happening to you it's not normal, and it's not how the system is designed.

Just to be more precise: we haven't designed *anything* in the serial number activation or hardware detection routines, etc, this is done entirely by the Esellerate library that, since it used by several hundreds of other shareware products, it supposed to work quite reliably. We only do the communication between Esellerate and FS X or 9.

What you are seeing can be maybe due to one of these factors, like:

- Esellerate can't write the activation in the registry, probably becasue of wrong permission settings somewere, so it keep asking because it can't store them. Wrong permissions might be a result of running with a limited permission account instead of an account with administrative rights.

- The fact that you keep turning on and off the network, with *some* cards and *some* buggy network drivers, might result in the hardware ID that keeps changing, as if you were really changing the hardware. Since a network card is an hardware change, although a minor one, it will not consume an activation, but it will try to get a confirmation online. To diagnose if this is the problem, you should contact us in private at the support address written on the Contact page, so we can check your activation history on the server side, and see if this is the case.

Both LSZH and KORD worked perfectly well on my networked computer before

So, it's clearly a problem of what you have changed in your config, so you can go back to "before"...

Hodge001

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 04:52:40 pm »
Hi again

I’ve sent as much information as I have regarding order numbers, E-mail address that the products were ordered under and the dates of the orders, using the Contact Us address on the main FSDT web site, I hope this is the correct address.

Once again thank you for the assistance.

Jim Hodkinson

Hodge001

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 06:14:31 pm »
Hi

I thought that I should add a little more information regarding my computer set-up.

My internet connection has it’s own Ethernet cable going to a BT Home hub, which is disconnected during FSX sessions (except for product activations such as yours and RG’s LOWS scenery).

My network is connected via it’s own Ethernet cable connected to a separate network card to a network hub, and when the confirm serial number popup appears I only switch off the networked computer, so that I can activate the BT Home Hub and let the main FSX computer connect to the internet, and the serial number confirmation to be carried out, which it appears to do as FSX will then start up.

I then disconnect from the internet, start my network computer and restart FSX, which then brings up the serial number confirmation required popup, and both scenery packages are shown as active in the addon manager (as they always have since I installed them after the rebuild using the backup reg key).

As I hope you understand, that I’m extremely reluctant to let an unsecured networked computer access the internet, and if this is the only solution, then I’m afraid that I will have to forgo using your excellent scenery, and will have to reluctantly remove it from the system.

I hope this information can help.

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

Jim Hodkinson

Hodge001

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 06:02:48 pm »
Hi

I realise that this may not help with the attempt to discover what is causing the popup serial number confirmation problem, but as FSX will now no longer start under any configuration, and that using the FSX installation disks to perform a repair still will not allow FSX to start, I’m left with no option but to uninstall, reformat the drive and make a fresh installation of FSX,

I appreciate the time and effort that has been put into trying to rectify my esellrate problem, and when the installation is completed I will install both LSZH and KORD on the fresh installation before any other add-ons, and see if this has cleared the problem.

Once again thank you for the assistance.

Jim Hodkinson

Julean

• The Newbie from 2008 :-)
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:50:07 pm »
Hi

Have the same problem.
I have just have the problem that I lost contact with my Pmdg.dll files an needed to reinstall them. Now this library bglmanx problems. I have manually deleted all the bglmanx and Cuatl files. And reinstalled with the newest addonmanager. And right clicked all places and "run as administrator"

All the best

Jens Michlas
DK
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:54:02 pm by virtuali »
Julean, Frederiksberg, CPH - Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 04:55:44 pm »
That error has been explained many times, it doesn't have anything to do the permissions or esellerate, and it's not a program error, it's an FSX bug, sometimes FSX has problems launching a new module that has been just installed and trusted.

Ignore it, allow it to run anyway, then exit FSX and relaunch it. It usually goes away on the second launch. If not, reboot Windows and try again.

Julean

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 11:28:48 pm »
Thank you for your reply

I have done what you instructed. Sadly  But when I click "yes" right away: Microsoft Flightsimulator needs to close...

What can I do now then

Thanks

Yours

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg

DK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 12:23:20 am »
As I've said, even if it doesn't work the first time, try it again and, if still doesn't work, reboot and try it again.

Hodge001

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 09:02:25 am »
Hi

I just thought that I would add that my own Esellrate problems were the result of an impending hardware failure that was causing certain information not to be written / stored to the hard drive, and that since replacing the hardware I have not had the Esellrate popup appear.

By the way it was a new but faulty hard drive that was causing the problem.

Jim Hodkinson

Julean

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 12:12:32 pm »
 ::) Now some times later Fsx have finally accepted the bglmanx files. The airports have been off since I reported the problem.

I also had problems with other aircrafts like captain Sim, flight1 super-80 which was solved with the:
http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_Trust_DLL_Policy

All the best

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 12:38:03 pm »
I also had problems with other aircrafts like captain Sim, flight1 super-80 which was solved with the:
http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_Trust_DLL_Policy

Yes, this method was mentioned also here a couple of times.

Apparently, there's some software around that changes that setting, which blocks *every* new module (not even related to FSX, it's system-wide) from being trusted. We don't have any idea why this setting changes in that way, because a setting like that would prevent a lot of programs from running.