Author Topic: KMEM strange crash  (Read 2622 times)

stesma54

KMEM strange crash
« on: December 26, 2016, 11:28:15 am »
Hi there, today i downloaded the latest version of the addon manager and after the upgrade i've tried a takeoff from KMEM after i had given up many months ago due to crash. Everything loaded correctly,the sign"Airport cache loaded successfully" appeared so i could fly around the airport for about 20'.I re tried another flight from KMEM, "Airport cache loaded successfully" again and all of a sudden(while buildings were appearing) CRASH. couatl has stopped working (ntdll.dll error) was the message.What drives me crazy is: why was the first attempt ok and the second one not ? i did absolutely nothing in between (just smoked a cigarette).FSX sp2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KMEM strange crash
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:36:35 am »
Ntdll.dll crashes are usually caused by OOM, usually because your sim was too loaded of too many addons at the same time, with the most consuming one usually being a memory hungry airplane.

So, the sim crashes because it ended its available memory, so this MADE Couatl crash (Couatl cannot crash the sim, since it's an external .exe), because it didn't get the signal from FSX to close properly, since FSX crashed before being able to sent it, so you see a crash related to Couatl.exe, but it's a victim of the problem, not the cause.

Try the same with a default airplane.