Author Topic: P3D v3.3.5 CTDs (ntdll) after KDFW install  (Read 14805 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D v3.3.5 CTDs (ntdll) after KDFW install
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 11:35:18 am »
The only reason why Couatl was on the RAM disk was that it was much easier just writing one line of batch script, copying just the entire FSDT folder instead of each single scenery :-)

Sure but, since RAM is quite scarce resource, maybe with the above info you might decide to optimize it better for other things that will gain more (textures, for example, are loaded/unloaded at all times).

kikigey89

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 11:37:47 am »
Again a CTD :(
Yesterday and during the night I could fly 2 long hauls without any problem, now again a CTD...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 11:41:36 am »
Are you still running with a RAM disk ?

kikigey89

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 11:42:30 am »
Yes, only Couatl now not on the RAM disk anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 11:56:14 am »
Yes, only Couatl now not on the RAM disk anymore.

So, what's happen if you disable it entirely ?

kikigey89

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 12:16:05 pm »
I tested it the last two days. The remainder of the flight, the return flight and again the same two flights yesterday no problem occurred. So almost two days and four long hauls without any issue.
Today it crashed again, almost at the same position as mostly. I started P3D again, continued the flight and when after 10 minutes nothing happened, I reloaded the scenario (which was saved around 4 minutes before it crashed). The scenario loading worked and the message "Regenerating airport cache" appeared. Then couatl.exe crashed with a message and P3D crashed (to desktop) without any error. Windows error log shows a crash in api.dll. I tried it again and first the scenario worked without any problem. Then I loaded it again when after 15 minutes no crash occurred and again the same happened. Loading worked, the aircraft started flying. "Regenerating airport cache" appeared, couatl.exe crashed and P3D crashed to desktop.

That and also the fact that it always crashed close to the coast (mostly around Scotland, once around Greenland and a few times 90 NM off the coast of Newfoundland) makes me thinking if there might be a problem with the airport cache or at least something linked to that?

kikigey89

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 12:21:59 pm »
Now it crashed again after the second loading but this time immediately after the message that the airport cache has been loaded successfully appeared.

I think I will try to reinstall all FSDT, FBS, Couatl and Addon Manager stuff. How can I make sure that I uninstalled ALL parts of it (including all directories)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2016, 11:44:11 am »
I think I will try to reinstall all FSDT, FBS, Couatl and Addon Manager stuff. How can I make sure that I uninstalled ALL parts of it (including all directories)?

An total clean reinstall will require to remove these folders:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl
%APPDATA%\Virtuali

Note that, removing %APPDATA%\Virtuali will reset all your GSX preferences, including all your eventual airport/airplane customizations, so you might want to backup it first, if you did any.

Aviator1979

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 04:16:13 pm »
If you have mytraffic installed then thats the reason, ntdll.dll
disable miltraffic.bgl

kikigey89

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 05:51:17 pm »
No traffic addon installed  :(

kikigey89

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 11:23:46 pm »
Sorry for the delay, I was busy with a lot of other things but 2 weeks ago I started testing again. In a lot of tests I could confirm that I get only crashes with couatl.exe enabled in exe.xml. Once I disable it OR kill the process after P3D start, I have no issues at all. I browsed a lot on the internet to find a reason for the crash in ntdll.dll. I tried all things I could find (starting P3D as admin, updating graphics card driver and around 10 other things) and I also uninstalled (including deleting remaining files/folders) and reinstalled Addon Manager and Couatl. No change at all. I also checked the GSX log, nothing special in there...

herryjanto

kikigey89

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 08:57:40 pm »
Sorry for the very late reply, I had a lot of other things to do in the meantime. I tried your suggestion but it did not help. Somehow it appears I have less crashes than in February.

Today I decided to fly a leg in the U.S. after a long time without a U.S. flight (also due to this issue). I flew from KIAD to KJFK. During pushback I saw something weird happening: The large buses at KIAD were frequently jumping a little bit backwards. During the pushback I got maybe around 3 short freezes during which the FS sound got silent and I could see the trees around the airport disappearing and reappearing. After pushback I had no more issues.

After landing at JFK I selected my gate with the GSX menu. But no ground service appeared and on the blocks I checked which gate GSX was thinking I was at. It was a totally wrong gate but I selected the correct gate which I discovered after a Couatl restart. So I got the feeling that something with Couatl is wrong on my machine. I started thinking what other issues I noticed:
- The first pushback always works fine (except for this KIAD issue now) but during the second pushback the marshaller does not walk anymore but hovers over the ground without a leg animation. Every few seconds I can see a short and quick animation which then stops immediately again. I never really thought about this but might this be one single issue?

Do you have any idea what can cause this?

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 11:07:58 pm »
during the second pushback the marshaller does not walk anymore but hovers over the ground without a leg animation. Every few seconds I can see a short and quick animation which then stops immediately again. I never really thought about this but might this be one single issue?

We still haven't found what's causing this but, in the mean time, always Restart Couatl before doing the 2nd leg of a flight.

kikigey89

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 07:52:09 am »
We still haven't found what's causing this [...]

Is this a known issue? Just trying to figure out, which is a known bug and which is almost exclusively my problem (a few on the P3D forum also have the ntdll crashes inflight, for at least one other user, disabling couatl.exe also helped).

Is there any special version of a C++ redist that Couatl needs? Something else that should be installed together with Couatl but maybe it didn't on my PC?

Chris