Author Topic: GSX & AS16 compatibility  (Read 1916 times)

Mephic

GSX & AS16 compatibility
« on: August 30, 2016, 02:58:06 pm »
Hi

I have quite a different problem from what most people experienced with regards to ctrl+f12 menu not appearing.

I'm using a clean install of P3D 3.35 and have GSX installed along with AS16 as weather engine. My problem is following:

1. I spawn at the gate (whatever the airport)
2. I click Ctrl+F12 - GSX menu appears as intended. I can click it multiple times and it hides and appears and everything is fine.
3. I click Ctrl+F11 (shortcut for AS16 weather request) and the window appears. Then I need to close it somehow (the only option is right click/close).
4. From that moment Ctrl+F12 completely stops to work until next full reinstall of GSX (restarting COUATL or reinstalling addon manager is not bringing any result, full reinstall is needed). All other menus work, I can set up GSX parking position, test SODE - everything is fine except for GSX menu.

Might there be a conflict? I installed GSX with Antivirus off and P3dV3 folder is excluded from scanning.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX & AS16 compatibility
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 02:00:30 pm »
The only other report similar to yours, is this one:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14161.msg104639.html#msg104639

Which leads to believe that, after pressing the AS16 hotkey, the default Simconnect window will be resized or removed somehow, but other user said it was enough to resize it manually. However, it wasn't the same user that said the issue appeared after pressing CTRL+F11.

Have you brought up this to AS16 support ?

Might there be a conflict? I installed GSX with Antivirus off and P3dV3 folder is excluded from scanning.

The antivirus doesn't have anything to do with this, since you said yourself that everything in GSX is working (which means the program IS running correctly). The problem is JUST the menu.