Author Topic: Addon Manager help, please.  (Read 3600 times)

Tight Git

Addon Manager help, please.
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:54:54 pm »
My FSX keeps telling me to update the Addon Manager, but the latest (3.0.015) is already installed!

I notice I also have Addon ManagerX 40.9Mb installed on 13/11/2013.

Is it this that is causing the problem and can I delete it, please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager help, please.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:12:09 pm »
My FSX keeps telling me to update the Addon Manager, but the latest (3.0.015) is already installed!

Then it means you haven't. Download and install the latest installer and install it.

Also, don't confuse the Live Update notification, which is only telling you to update the Addon Manager, because it *knows* your version is outdated, with the ERROR message, which happens whenever there's an error, suggesting to download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Does that message looked like an error message ? If yes, it should give you the option to look at the error log, which contains the information we need to understand why you had the error.

If, instead, your message looks like a normal Live Update notification, just download and install the CURRENT Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Tight Git

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 11:19:41 pm »
Thanks, but I'm still confused.

I've downloaded the Stand alone Addon Manager from your site and it says it's 3.0.0.15 which is the version shown in the installed programs under Control Panel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 11:26:01 am »
I've downloaded the Stand alone Addon Manager from your site and it says it's 3.0.0.15 which is the version shown in the installed programs under Control Panel.

If you installed it, you shouldn't have the normal Live Update notification suggesting to update.

Which leads me to believe that you haven't got THAT one, but what you are looking at, is the error pop-up, that will always suggest to download the Addon Manager, but will also give you the option to open the error log.

That's why I've asked what you are looking at: is the normal Live Update notification, or is the error ? The BOTH suggest to download the latest Addon Manager, but one clearly looks like an error, the other isn't.

Tight Git

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 01:24:49 pm »
It's the normal update message with 3 options.

If you think it's worth it, I'll install 3.0.0.15 again.

Can I just install over the top of the existing?

Also, what about the 2nd Addon Manager installed in 2013, please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 11:51:44 pm »
If you think it's worth it, I'll install 3.0.0.15 again.

Try it.

Can I just install over the top of the existing?

Of course. If you shouldn't, the installer won't let you.

Also, what about the 2nd Addon Manager installed in 2013, please?

There's always only one copy of it for each supported sim. If you are referring to an additional entry in the Windows Control Panel, that might just be a problem with the registry, but it's just a cosmetic issue, it's not that you can risk having two copies of it running together.

If you don't like to see it, uninstall them all, the reinstall it again, using only the current installer.