Author Topic: Accel pack FA-18 MFDs & HUD  (Read 5980 times)

brettt777

Accel pack FA-18 MFDs & HUD
« on: December 22, 2008, 06:26:14 pm »
Okay, I have tried everything. Reinstalled more times than I can count, new nVidia drivers, old nVidia drivers, and every other "fix" I have seen or been suggested and I still cannot get the MFD's and avionics to come up in the Accel pack FA-18. Now, I was trying a new aircraft last night and had the same problem until I read the manual with it and figured out how to turn the avionics on and then of course, everything worked. So, is there a way to turn the avionics on in this aircraft? None of the switches that I can activate seem to do it. I have set a key as the avionics master in the controls but that doesn't help either. When I first got FSX it worked fine. Then I had to reinstall XP and it hasn't worked since. I don't think it's a video or driver problem as I have put other MFD and HUD gauges in the panel.cfg from other aircraft and got them to work. But the stock MFDs will not come on, nor will the HUD. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this? I have to be missing something obvious...

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: Accel pack FA-18 MFDs & HUD
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:21:57 pm »
Brett,

You might have done this already, but just to eliminate it as a possibility, have you checked to make sure your battery and generator switches are one.  Those switches would have an impact on the avionics.  Make sure the following switches are turned on in your aircraft.  The are located on the forward/right panel.  Hope this helps.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

brettt777

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:44:58 pm »
Yes they are on. Like I said in my next post, I have seen other posts about this same issue and in the few solutions I have seen, they all point to this "simconnect.dll" file that is suppose to be in a Windows directory. I found the directory but I don't have this simconnect.dll anywhere on my hard drive and I wonder if that is my whole problem...?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:34:41 am »
When you completed your previous uninstalls, did you do a file search on your hard drive for the simconnect file?  Sometimes it is corrupt upon install, but stays on your computer after the uninstall along with a couple of other FSX files.  Then once you reinstall the FSX it does not replace the file, leaving you with the same corrupt file.  You might want to do a manual search for it, if you find it, delete it, then run a repair install from your install disk to replace it.  If that doesn't work, then find the file, delete it, then do a fresh install (although I know thats not what you want to hear.)  Only other things I can think of is it might be your anti-virus software interfering with your setup.  Try turning off your anti-virus software while you are installing FSX.  I had that problem briefly when I first installed my Track IR.  Turned out the Track IR wouldn't work due to my anti-virus program interfering with my simconnect.  Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1