Author Topic: Missing terminal buildings  (Read 12221 times)

AdamAllTimeLOw

Missing terminal buildings
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:57:12 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have just bought my new system which consists of: Intel Core i7 6700k o/c 4.6GHz, Asus Z170 Deluxe motherboard, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080, and other bits and bobs. I have re installed all of my purchased FSTD products which are KLAS, KLAX, PHNL, KJFKv2 and GSX and also the latest addon manager.

I have ran into problems with all the above airports (please note I also have flytampa airports and UK2000 which work fine and have no problems) For some reason, when I am at either of the above airports, some of the buildings are missing such as terminals. Whenever I get really close to the missing buildings, they then re-appear..... I have read pretty much all other forums relating to this type of issue with no luck and I have excluded my whole FSX folder from being scanned with my anti virus. I have tried all new fresh installs of everything and can confirm I have both the Addon Manager and Coutal.

I think I ran into this problem once before and after messaging the support team,  I was able to fix it. However, this was back in 2013 and haven't used FSX since.

These products are amazing and I really enjoy them but this missing building problem is a pain.

Just to re-cap, I have fresh and up to date versions of all the products, I have excluded my whole fsx folder from being scanned, I have both the addon manager and coutal both show up fine. all FSDT airports are affected and textures appear when really close to the missing buildings.

I have attached 2 photos of my issues. Please note that the missing terminals change whenever I restart Coutal... i.e. one terminals textures come back but another goes.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing terminal buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 11:47:08 am »
For some reason, when I am at either of the above airports, some of the buildings are missing such as terminals. Whenever I get really close to the missing buildings, they then re-appear..... I have read pretty much all other forums relating to this type of issue with no luck and I have excluded my whole FSX folder from being scanned with my anti virus. I have tried all new fresh installs of everything and can confirm I have both the Addon Manager and Coutal.

This problem has been discussed many times on the forum, and nowhere it has been said it's related in any way to the antivirus. When the antivirus is a problem, the programs won't start, you wouldn't see their menus in the "Addons" menu, and no buildings at all will appear.

If buildings appears only when you get very close, it means everything in our software is running correctly, and it's a problem of your video drivers that are running in a lesser performing mode (causing visual bugs like this), because you are running FSX in Compatibility mode. Every Compatibility mode for FSX.EXE must be turned off, which is how FSX defaults to.

AdamAllTimeLOw

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:00:38 pm »
Thank you for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. I have downloaded the latest driver for my gtx 1080. As far as I am aware, no programmes run in compatibility mode unless you tell them too.

I would really appreciate it if you could reply back to me with all the things I could do to solve this issue I.E. A step by step walk through such as try this first then this etc.....

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 03:37:58 pm »
Thank you for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. I have downloaded the latest driver for my gtx 1080. As far as I am aware, no programmes run in compatibility mode unless you tell them too.

That's not always the case. Sometimes, usually after a crash, Windows will set automatically some compatibility flags. Also, if you have other 3rd party addons that runs in Compatibility mode and start together with FSX, they will have the same effect on FSX.

Check the Properties -> Compatibility tab for both FSX.EXE, and every 3rd party addon that starts with it.

AdamAllTimeLOw

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 03:43:55 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a go when I get home. The only 3rd party addons I have are pmdg, uk2000, captainsim, rex essential plus od, flytampa and one or 2 orbx products.

Many thanks sir

AdamAllTimeLOw

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 11:09:12 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I have gone through every programme that runs along with FSX and can confirm that no programme on my entire system is in compatibility mode. Is there anyway you could do a team viewer session to resolve this issue. It would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 10:20:56 am »
I have gone through every programme that runs along with FSX and can confirm that no programme on my entire system is in compatibility mode.

Then it's possible it's a video drivers settings. Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings.

AdamAllTimeLOw

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 11:06:53 am »
Thank you Umberto, I will try when I get home. If this does not work. What would you advise next?

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 12:23:37 pm »
Thank you Umberto, I will try when I get home. If this does not work. What would you advise next?

These are all the known possible causes that so far worked for everybody that had this problem. And, according to what you said:

I think I ran into this problem once before and after messaging the support team,  I was able to fix it.

They worked for you too.

AdamAllTimeLOw

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 01:02:06 pm »
Thanks for that Umberto. I will give it a go tonight and let you know how I get on. Many thanks

AdamAllTimeLOw

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 06:41:56 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I have completed everything you recommended but with no improvement. I even completely unisnstalled my video drive and reinstalled and the created a new fsx.cfg.

Unfortunately the problem still persist :/ which would mean it's not the video driver right?

Any other ideas sir?

AdamAllTimeLOw

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 11:04:34 pm »
Just a follow up, I completely unisnstalled fsx and all addons. I then purchased fsx Steam Edition in the hope that might fix it but unfortunately it didn't either. Just to make you aware. Once I installed fsx se I only installed your products.

Any ideas on what's next? I have done everything possible

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 10:09:55 am »
Just a follow up, I completely unisnstalled fsx and all addons. I then purchased fsx Steam Edition in the hope that might fix it but unfortunately it didn't either. Just to make you aware. Once I installed fsx se I only installed your products.

I can only repeat and confirm the problem can only be caused by one of the following:

1) FSX or one of the Addons that starts with it running in Compatibility mode.

OR

2) A video driver settings or an FSX graphic setting that shouldn't be applied.

If you really uninstalled FSX and installed FSX:SE, I think the #1 is more likely.

AdamAllTimeLOw

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 10:56:50 am »
Good morning Umberto, please could you list any programmes that you know of that run with fsx even if they're not fsx add ons. Such as visual programmes etc. As I only installed fsdt, I know it can't be another fsx add on so must be a programme that also runs with fsx. Would it be at all possible to get a free licence for your latest product to see if I have any problems with that?

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 11:01:47 am »
As I only installed fsdt, I know it can't be another fsx add on so must be a programme that also runs with fsx.

It's possible that FSX itself is running under Compatibility mode. Note that, if Windows recorded in the registry that FSX.EXE should be run in Compatibility mode, even if you uninstall FSX and reinstall FSX:SE, since the name of the .exe is still FSX.EXE, that setting is still there.

Try to check the following registry key with REGEDIT, and see if you have something for FSX.EXE or Couatl.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]

Would it be at all possible to get a free licence for your latest product to see if I have any problems with that?

You can just install them in Trial, that's precisely what it's for: to test them.