Author Topic: a little concern  (Read 7211 times)

mave128

a little concern
« on: December 17, 2008, 11:01:07 am »
hey,

first of all thank you guys from fsdt for your quick responds concerning problems or updates for lsgg.

but i do have the feeling, that lsgg had been relesead unfinished in some way.
the first thing is, that no afcad file could have been provided. harpsi got his information from this forum.
secondly, the missing taxiway nightlightinig. third, wrong approach lights, forth, words that had been spelled wrong. and so on...

i do really want you guys to take all the time you need to present a finished product.
so please, for the next scenery (i guess it´ll be klas), no preliminary version.

best wishies,
sören
best wishes,
sören

johanfrc

Re: a little concern
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:34:30 am »
Firstly. There was an AFCAD included in the first release. I can remember that. hapsi just updated the file to include some more precise infos aout where the different airlines and planes are parked.

The one with the spelling error... It's something that can happen for every one. No one is perfect, even FSD is not perfect.

I would say that this scenery is perfect. The first release included a few errors but nothing that noone couldn't survive.

Thanks to FSD for making this great scenery. I'm already flying alot in the Alps now.

DogStar

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 11:48:13 am »
As long as the fixes come as quick as they do, for me it can`t go fast enough to see the next scenery by FSDT !

mave128

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 11:58:49 am »
hey guys,

calm down, nothing has happened.
of course every scenery of fsdt is brilliant.
of course nobody is perfect.
But, do you guys know the fact, when deadline is getting closer?
you will make mistakes, its all human. thats my point. give fsdt more time to get the scenery done.

look at jfk. of course we had some little problems there. but, as measured by the size of this airport, lsgg had far more
problems to be solved.

i´m not saying that fsdt does a bad job. far from it! i do really love the output.
but in some cases they need more time!! and thats what i want them to have.

best wishes,
sören
best wishes,
sören

DogStar

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 12:32:22 pm »
Even with all time of the world there will be mistakes. Why ? for the same reason that makes it necessary for an author to have his articles overlooked by a lector ... it`s hard to see the own faults !

So I think it`s a good thing to release sceneries at the right time, then have it overlooked by thousands of users and to discuss the issues here in the forum. I feel, that FSDT has found a pretty good way to do so, and as far as I`m concerned, I`m absolutely satisfied by the support and the timeframe of the fix - releases.

I`m in trouble with a scenery of an other publisher right at the moment, which came out the same time as LSGG. This one was really buggy and think what: I didn`t even get a single constructive answer by the designers yet ... apart from some offended and childish reactions ... not to mention a single fix  ::) ...

mave128

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 12:58:35 pm »
hey,

you are absolutly right. the timeframe of fixes is gorgeous.
the qiuck responses as well.

but, you ignore one very important point. We are customers, not betatesters.
if i buy a product, i have to be sure that this one has been tested for many times. i will be sure that all major and obvious errors has been fixed. if not, i change the producer! thats the case in real life shopping.

i´m not with you as well when you insinuate fsdt to have their products overlooked by their own customers.
This can´t be seriously your opinion!!
every producer should be anxious to have the own product as mature as possible. and i´m very well sure, that fsdt will be too!!

but in the lsgg case, i´m convinced that the timeframe was a littlebit too close, in order to find those obvious errors.
i only can repeat myself. just give fsdt more time to get their products finished in a way, that such topics needn´t to be discussed.

best wishes,
sören

best wishes,
sören

DogStar

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 01:04:24 pm »
Yeah ... You are absolutely right, I don`t see myself as a betatester for FSDT nor should others ! but those minor issues You`ll find at almost all addons - so no special need to mention FSDT here ...

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 01:18:48 pm »
Firstly. There was an AFCAD included in the first release. I can remember that. hapsi just updated the file to include some more precise infos aout where the different airlines and planes are parked.

Yes, indeed all sceneries come with a base file, let´s say. I just add some more things and correct a few ones if they exist. I don´t do afcads from the beginning and I am not taking part of the team as well. I am just a beta tester when I am requested, and I just do all the other work on the afcad files for pleasure, in this basis: if I have to do it for me, why not to share my work with all the others? that´s just what I do.

For this afcad, I already added a lot of few things, but if you ask me if the file is complete, I will answer: no, it is not complete because I am taking little informations from here and there. I don´t live in Switzerland so, I don´t know what is happening there in real life. I need users help as well, but be aware: it is just a free work to make more users happy and nothing more than that.  :)

harpsi