Author Topic: Another issue with KMEM and coutal engine  (Read 5015 times)

Captain Fred

Another issue with KMEM and coutal engine
« on: June 17, 2016, 09:47:42 pm »
I am having an issue with coutal engine in KMEM. Here is the log:

couatl v3.1 (build 3467)
panic log started on Fri Jun 17 15:42:27 2016

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:24:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another issue with KMEM and coutal engine
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 10:25:15 pm »
I am having an issue with coutal engine in KMEM. Here is the log:

couatl v3.1 (build 3467)
panic log started on Fri Jun 17 15:42:27 2016

Your Couatl version is outdated, current build is 3487, and you should have received a prompt from Live Update to update it with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager by now.

Captain Fred

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 07:45:20 pm »
That's when the problem started, when I updated coutal through the auto updater.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 02:06:07 am »
That's when the problem started, when I updated coutal through the auto updater.

Fact is (assuming you posted a log made AFTER you did the update), it's NOT updated. The reason why it might not be updated could be:

- You have seen a notification from Live Update, which was for a "minor" update, one that doesn't require to quit FSX. This update, as explained on the manual, cannot update Couatl.exe, since the executable cannot overwrite itself while is running, so it can only update the GSX code, not the Couatl.exe program itself.

However, *before* this update, there was ANOTHER notification of a "Major" update, one that requires to quit from the sim and download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager. If you decided to SKIP this one, it might explain why your Couatl.exe is still oudated.

OR

- You prompted to do a major update, followed the direction (download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager), but the Couatl.exe still remained outdated: the ONLY possible reason for this, is an interference from the antivirus, which blocked the new version because of a false positive detection.

In this case, you should download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the antivirus disabled.

Captain Fred

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 03:29:49 pm »
Thanks Umberto, downloaded and installed the stand alone addon manager and that seemed to fix the issue. Thanks for your help. :D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 06:53:17 pm »
However, *before* this update, there was ANOTHER notification of a "Major" update, one that requires to quit from the sim and download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

I never got that notification, everything has been installable without quitting the simulator. I found I had a problem because GSX began offering me options to start on runways, and Couatl crashed whenever I selected something. Your post is the first thing I've seen about needing an addon manager update.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 10:19:13 pm »
Your post is the first thing I've seen about needing an addon manager update.

I assure you that we have one major update notification sent. You must have missed it.