Author Topic: can't see buildings  (Read 15719 times)

JohnT

Re: can't see buildings
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 05:09:19 pm »
Thanks for your efforts to date.

Will do as you suggest, ie move scenery up. But I'll not purchase Geneva until I get this sorted over the weekend hopefully.
So you can have a well deserved break from my queries for awhile.

Regards JohnT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 05:20:44 pm »
Will do as you suggest, ie move scenery up.

You shouldn't simply move the sceneries up, you need to enable them (KORD and KJFK) in the Scenery Library. No wonder you didn't see them!

But I'll not purchase Geneva until I get this sorted over the weekend hopefully.

Well, know I understand: you haven't purchased Geneva yet. You said Geneva worked during the Trial period (after reinstalling AES), and then the buildings disappeared. This is exactly how is supposed to happen if the scenery is in Trial.

You probably run into issues like possible conflict with another scenery, when you moved Geneva down in the Scenery Library, and this exposes any scenery to possible mis-beavihours created by *other* sceneries which have their exclusion zones badly programmed.

That's why our installer always put it the scenery as high as possible on the Scenery Library...

JohnT

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 09:29:14 pm »
Hi,
sorry I need to put a few things right.
First off, this problem manifested itself when I first installed KORD and also later on, installing KJFK.
The reason they are turned off at present is because of this  and is to remind me to run AES, prior to enabling those scenery,s.
I know that the trial version times out, what I did not expect, is for it to freeze FS when it did.

But I will move all of your scenerys to just below AES Base and see if that changes the status quo.

Regards JohnT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 09:41:20 pm »
First off, this problem manifested itself when I first installed KORD and also later on, installing KJFK.

This wasn't so apparent from your message, which seemed as if the problem started with Geneva, and was eventually fixed by reinstalling AES. However, on the next message, you said the following, about KORD/KJFK:

Then via Worl/GoTo tried KORD & KJFK, again all appeared OK

Restarted FS and this time decided to go to KORD. All buildings plus jettys showed up and FS did not crash.

So, I'm not entirely sure what your current issue is. It's just Geneva crashing, or not showing buildings, or both, or it's also KORD (and KJFK) as well, regardless of the above statements that suggest that everything is fine at KORD/KJFK ?

I know that the trial version times out, what I did not expect, is for it to freeze FS when it did.

Yes, in fact it shouldn't. Any nobody else reported it. Not the crashing, for sure.

JohnT

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 12:45:16 am »

Hi yet again :-)

OK looks as if you have nailed the problem. Moved all your scenery to just below AES Base.
Started FS up at LSGG and all buildings appeared - moved to KORD, all ok - moved to KJFK, all ok - moved back to LSGG, buildings gone only jettys showing (Possible time out came into play).
Herein probably the wrong assumption on my behalf. As I expected that on time out, the scenery would go back to default scenery.
Anyhow shut down FS -  reactivated   AES - Started FS at LSGG - buildings re-appeared - waited for time out,whereupon the buildings vanished but the jettys remained and FS did not freeze as before.

As for :- This wasn't so apparent from your message, which seemed as if the problem started with Geneva, and was eventually fixed by reinstalling AES. However, on the next message, you said the following, about KORD/KJFK:
ref my first post on this thread :-).

It has been a long battle, but looks as if finally got it sorted - will now attempt to make LSGG a permanent fixture. Then try a few flights to/from there. Will be back if any more problems arise, lets hope not.

Regards JohnT

Thanks for the effort to sort this out.