Author Topic: GSX NIGHTMARE  (Read 10038 times)

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
GSX NIGHTMARE
« on: June 13, 2016, 08:23:48 pm »
hello, i have tried all your suggestions with the problems with gsx update, nothing works. your GSX update has destroyed all my fsdreamteam products, thank you so much

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
Re: GSX NIGHTMARE
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:03:36 pm »
well i have purchased KSFOHD in hopes it would resolve the gsx update problem after fsx keeps saying coutal.exe has been blocked because no publisher, and another dll file as well. i have no addon manager to even activate my new airport, thank you very much. i have completely uninstalled all antivirus that you seem to be blaming all this on. fsx itself blocksthese files. your gsx update has destroyed my products that have anything to do with coutal-virtuali-python... thank you very much. i cannot throw away any more money on products with coutal and i recommend any one else reading this to do the same until THEY fix the problem because it has nothing to do with antivirus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 12:18:22 pm »
GSX hasn't "destroyed" anything. YOUR FAULTY ANTIVIRUS HAS. FSX "itself" doesn't "block" files. FSX block files because YOU said not to run them.

Of course, it's always possible to "undo" the block, IF you follow our suggested installation method we posted hundreds of times when the antivirus is at fault:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX. Use the latest full GSX installer on our site.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

What "unblocks" the files from FSX (assuming you HAVE correctly acted on the antivirus), is the step I highlighted in bold:

reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 05:12:40 pm »
thank you for instructions. i do not know how to configure my nortons antivirus, when i think i am doing it nortons says the path doesnt exist. can you or anyone help me how to configure nortons so i can complete this fix   thank you

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 05:17:54 pm »
Norton is notorious for false positives, best thing you can do for yourself is uninstall it and use something like Windows Defender of Security Essentials. Find both @ Microsoft.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 05:48:16 pm »
i managed to find in nortons a way to get to the coutal.exe and asked it not to scan it but fsx still blocks the coutal.exe  .. and the dll file i dont know what to do anymore. i uninstalled nortons once but still happens. if i uninstall nortons what should i do next?  why does this happen? why does this gsx update not work but the older one does? i just dont know what to do.. please help

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 06:09:48 pm »
If FSX is blocking, you probably clicked NO when you were asked if you wanted to trust it, so now it will never run. You need to go back to Virtuali's post and remove GSX, making sure you follow the highlighted section, then reinstall it and make sure you answer YES to any prompts FSX gives you about running and trusting.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 06:43:10 pm »
hello bruce, well i clicked run anyway when i downloaded  the full installer. so i have uninstalled nortons, went to windows defender and allowed a scan without scanning coutal.exe and bglmanx.dll  i turned windows defender off and launched fsx but i still get the same two files blocked  ... any clues?  ... thanks, gary

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 06:46:43 pm »
maybe i do not know how to operate windows defender?

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 07:01:27 pm »
my next step was to allow both the blocked files to run in malwarebytes. i still get the errors launching fsx, i guess i give up running all my my payware airports and gsx.  can you please tell me how i can get my old gsx back. i no longer care about the gsx update, i just want my old coutal and gsx back  ... PLEASE HELP

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 07:05:44 pm »
can i do a system restore point to get my old version of gsx back?  this new version of gsx i do not want to have. i want to be able to activate my purchase of KSFOHD and i can not with this new version of gsx

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 07:22:49 pm »
If your previous version of GSX worked, you can do a system restore to get it back... Just make sure you go back to before Memphis came out.

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »
ahhh ok, should i uninstall the new version of GSX before doing a system restore?  ... thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 08:01:32 pm »
No, the restore will overwrite whatever changed since.

CORNSMOKE

• AERO CORNSMOKE
    • music
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 09:33:38 pm »
i did a system restore, got the old version gsx back. launched fsx, still have the coutal.exe error but then after that fsx gave a window that says   cant find any DAT files addon manager will not run . the bglmanx.dll error did not appear   ... NOW WHAT??