Author Topic: SODE doesn't work  (Read 13370 times)

tristar1011

SODE doesn't work
« on: June 06, 2016, 03:27:03 am »
Hello, I installed KMEM (register) and GSX (register too) and I tried to use SODE jetways but I have not jetway selection menu. The jetway doesn't move when I chose "boarding" in GSX jetway, only a green message "open L2 door"...
I Tried differents "JS" jetways, differents aircraft, I reinstalled KMEM, GSX and I download SODE 1.3.3 (activated) but nothing happens with jetways...
My FS is FSX SP2. Thanks for helping me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:11:12 pm »
If you don't have the jetway selection menu in GSX after selecting Boarding/Deboarding, it caused by one of these issues:

- The communication with SODE has been interrupted for some reason. You should see a warning message saying that. You might try to use the "Reload All" menu option from SODE, sometimes it helps.

- The SODE communication is working normally, but SODE cannot solve the animation needed to reach that airplane door. GSX will first ask SODE if that jetway can be solved, and if it can't, it will then display a message saying "No jetway can operate at this position"

The most likely reason for a jetway not being solvable, is that you are parking too close or too far away from it, or your plane door's are too high to be reachable.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 08:27:49 pm »
I dont have any of those messages in my gsx. I select deboarding, and nothing happens after that. I get a message that says remember to operate jetway and open exit, but thats it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled gsx, which did not fix the issue. I wish you could just operate it though CTRL J.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 09:20:54 pm »
I select deboarding, and nothing happens after that. I get a message that says remember to operate jetway and open exit, but thats it.

Are you sure you don't have ANY messages about SODE ? try to use the "Reload All" menu option from SODE to restart it and see if you get a message from it that has been loaded.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:04:41 am »
Yes, Im positive, is the Sode something I need to install separately?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:22:41 am by bkircher »

tristar1011

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 06:24:40 am »
If you don't have the jetway selection menu in GSX after selecting Boarding/Deboarding, it caused by one of these issues:

- The communication with SODE has been interrupted for some reason. You should see a warning message saying that. You might try to use the "Reload All" menu option from SODE, sometimes it helps.

- The SODE communication is working normally, but SODE cannot solve the animation needed to reach that airplane door. GSX will first ask SODE if that jetway can be solved, and if it can't, it will then display a message saying "No jetway can operate at this position"

The most likely reason for a jetway not being solvable, is that you are parking too close or too far away from it, or your plane door's are too high to be reachable.
Thanks.
I reinstalled again all my FSDT products. Now jetways only move with the default 737 (nothing happens with the A321 or others default airplanes). I can't try with my payware airplanes (gates too smalls for widebodies PMDG MD11 and 777).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 10:12:27 am »
Yes, Im positive, is the Sode something I need to install separately?

From your screenshot, it seems you were expecting the command for call the SODE jetways would be displayed together with the GSX menu. It's not like that!

Have you read the KMEM manual ? You are supposed to be asked about jetways AFTER you select either Boarding or Deboarding.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 07:32:14 pm »
Yes, I have. I select the deboarding process, the vehicles start to move, then I am asked, "remember to operate jetway" but that is it. I dont get any other choice in gsx or anything.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 07:56:30 pm »
Have you updated to the newest version of GSX also? As far as I understand, the SODE integration (of course) requires KMEM/KIAH scenery (newest version) along with the newest version of GSX. Also, download the newest Addon Manager and install that - just in case ;)
Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 08:01:41 pm »
then I am asked, "remember to operate jetway" but that is it. I dont get any other choice in gsx or anything.

That message indicates the scenery has a standard FSX (CTRL+J) animated jetway, not a SODE one.

Which seems to be odd, since KMEM never had any jetways other than SODE, while with KIAH, you must download the latest version to get the SODE jetways.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 08:49:06 pm »
The latest version of what? MEM?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »
The latest version of what? KMEM?

KMEM only has SODE jetways, while KIAH requires to be updated. But BOTH require the latest full GSX version to work with SODE.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 11:23:37 pm »
I have uninstalled and reinstalled gsx version 1.9.9.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 01:29:27 am »
At KIAH some of the jetways ( Gate B I think ) are still made with the CTRL+J method, since they are a bit unusual. GSX will tell you if a jetway is standard adding "/J" to the parking name, or it's a SODE jetway, adding " /JS" to the name.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 11:27:10 am »
I got it to work. For whatever reason, during the install of mem an error occurred during the side portion and it didn't install all the way. Reinstalled and it works just fine now. I still don't see the reason behind why every jetway no longer moves, even for ai, I know it saves on performance, but flytampa have implemented side at every jetway even for ai I believe.