Author Topic: bump  (Read 3298 times)

mr.mario

bump
« on: June 05, 2016, 06:19:20 am »
when trying to taxi, my aircraft acts as if it is bumping into something and stops.   however, looking around I see no obstacles.   Is there a way to turn off the bump feature?

Wise87

Re: bump
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 07:20:22 am »

jspringe

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 07:54:36 pm »
No, I believe the OP is talking about the aircraft bouncing backwards off of physical objects like light poles, railings, and concrete dividers.

I had an issue where the edge of a wingtip needed to pass over a low railing, but it caused the aircraft to halt and bounce backwards instead.  Sloppy taxiing and probably the wrong taxiway for a wide anyway (turning north from Victor to Sierra).  Lesson = don't make lazy turns & don't take big planes into small aprons.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:25:32 pm by jspringe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 09:28:31 pm »
Lesson = don't make lazy turns & don't take big planes into small aprons.

This was the main point of having the new collisions system: trying to force a more careful and realistic handling of the plane, without using the slow and not very precise default crash system, that would reset the whole flight after a crash onto an object.

So, it might look a bit funny (it can be perfected, of course, when adding more precise collision data for the airplane itself), but it's surely more realistic than the default system, which almost every scenery developer turns off, because of all the issues.