Author Topic: Jetway activation  (Read 5222 times)

danch53

Jetway activation
« on: June 05, 2016, 05:06:23 am »
This is a beautiful rendition of KMEM. I'm looking forward to using it, however, I am having a problem getting the jetway animation activated. I've followed the steps as outlined in the scenery manual, and all goes well until I arrive at one of the gates designated by GSX as a JS gate. When I arrive at the gate and engage the GSX hotkey and select Request Boarding, I get a GSX message that says "No jetway can operate at this position." I'm using the Trial version of GSX and have some familiarity with it from past use but, admittedly, I'm not real well-versed on its use and assume I'm doing something incorrectly. Any help you could offer would be appreciated ... thanks!

mr.mario

Re: Jetway activation
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 06:40:43 pm »
At KMEM, I also cannot get the jetways to work when hittig ctrl J.  Nothing happens and no error message.   Also, I cannot get the gsx pushback to work at KMEM.   When I select prepare for push back and departure nothing happens.  Again no error message, just nothing happens.

Please let me know how these problems can be fixed.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 06:49:46 pm »
This is a beautiful rendition of KMEM. I'm looking forward to using it, however, I am having a problem getting the jetway animation activated. I've followed the steps as outlined in the scenery manual, and all goes well until I arrive at one of the gates designated by GSX as a JS gate. When I arrive at the gate and engage the GSX hotkey and select Request Boarding, I get a GSX message that says "No jetway can operate at this position." I'm using the Trial version of GSX and have some familiarity with it from past use but, admittedly, I'm not real well-versed on its use and assume I'm doing something incorrectly. Any help you could offer would be appreciated ... thanks!

I believe the SODE jetways (designated by JS) can not be operated through CTRL+J.  They require interaction through GSX that does the behind the scenes interaction with SODE.  You will need to request either boarding or deboarding to get the jetway to connect (GSX CTRL+F12 menu) and it will then remain connect until boarding is complete.  The message "No jetway can operate at this position" I believe indicates that it is not physically possible to connect the jetway to your aircraft based on where within that parking position your aircraft is.  Ensure that you've pulled up to the right stop point on the yellow lines for your type of aircraft and are reasonably on the line.

Sploosh

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 07:58:54 pm »
The SODE system actually has a drop-down menu under the ADDON tab within the sim. You can also activate the SODE system by pressing ( Right Shift ) + ( - ) keys. This gives you access to the various gates, docking and undocking, and if available, which door you want the cat walk to dock.

jimstiles

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 10:32:56 pm »
I'm still having a problem getting the jetway to work. I've followed the manual with the only exception was that I used the follow me truck to the gate instead of warping their as the instructions said to do. My plane was parked straight with the front wheels right on the mark for a 737.

The jetway worked once but that was it and I don't know what I did different. When I started the sim I did the debarding first and have also tried taking off, circling around and landing again taxing to the gat and try to deboard again. Both times the jetway never moved.

I'm sure I'm missing a step but can't figure out what it is.

mr.mario

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 11:10:22 pm »
Know I understand that you cannot use ctrl J for the jetways here.  It works fine for me now by using the menu options.   However, the GSX pushback feature still does not work for me.    Anyone know how to get the GSX pushback to work?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 12:11:30 am »
Know I understand that you cannot use ctrl J for the jetways here.  It works fine for me now by using the menu options.   However, the GSX pushback feature still does not work for me.    Anyone know how to get the GSX pushback to work?

The Pushback feature surely works. Maybe you are referring to the issue of model of the Pushback truck not being visible ? We just fixed it in the Vehicles Update:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/gsx_vehicles_update7