Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 123799 times)

Wise87

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2016, 02:11:55 pm »
What is it about EZdok that some think causes the g2d.dll error? Of all the hundreds of scenery for FSX why is it that KMEM is the only scenery that has the problem? Tons of users use EZdok. There has to be a fix if this is truly the case. I don't see this being Ezdoks problem since only KMEM is effected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2016, 02:37:11 pm »
Just tried the latest installer, same issue, instantaneous g2d crash as soon as FSX finishes loading.

The usual question: which other 3rd party modules you have installed ? Ezdok maybe ?

ASN ? Do you have the latest version of it AND the latest version of FSUIPC ?

Hi Umberto, I do not use EZdok, I do however use ASN. I did not have the latest FSUIPC installed. I updated to the latest. I noticed this time it took longer for the g2d crash to occur after that update.
John Bauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2016, 03:51:47 pm »
Hi Umberto, I do not use EZdok, I do however use ASN. I did not have the latest FSUIPC installed. I updated to the latest. I noticed this time it took longer for the g2d crash to occur after that update.

So, clearly, FSUIPC had some part in it. Now, try with ASN, see here, the user Hlna said he didn't had crashes anymore after updating both FSUIPC and ASN:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13764.msg102362.html#msg102362

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2016, 04:04:35 pm »

So, clearly, FSUIPC had some part in it. Now, try with ASN, see here, the user Hlna said he didn't had crashes anymore after updating both FSUIPC and ASN:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13764.msg102362.html#msg102362

Sorry Umberto, I forgot to mention I did update to the latest SP with ASN as well.
John Bauer

skipy33

« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2016, 05:02:55 pm »
Hi All,

Same problem here with KMEM. I can start directly at KMEM stands to setup some startup situations with various aircrafts but today when trying LFPG-KMEM flight I had a CTD on final 36R. I made several tests taking off from a nearest airport and always had a CTD on final (36R, 09) around 6NM from touchdown with CLS DC10 and even Fsx Learjet.

I use Fsx Acc with latest ASN SP5, latest FSUIPC, FTX Global, EFB and iFMS. Texture maxload set to 1024 so around 2GB VAS available at takeoff. Latest test without ASN activated neither EFB.

I'd like to land at Memphis soon!!

Skip.

skipy33

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2016, 05:08:49 pm »
Hi All,

Same problem here with KMEM. I can start directly at KMEM stands to setup some startup situations with various aircrafts but today when trying LFPG-KMEM flight I had a CTD on final 36R. I made several tests taking off from a nearest airport and always had a CTD on final (36R, 09) around 6NM from touchdown with CLS DC10 and even Fsx Learjet.

I use Fsx Acc with latest ASN SP5, latest FSUIPC, FTX Global, EFB and iFMS. Texture maxload set to 1024 so around 2GB VAS available at takeoff. Latest test without ASN activated neither EFB.

I'd like to land at Memphis soon!!

Skip.

Error message from Windows 7 log:
Application Error: [1000] Nom de l’application défaillante fsx.exe, version : 10.0.61637.0, horodatage : 0x46fadb14.Nom du module défaillant : g2d.dll, version : 10.0.61637.0, horodatage : 0x46fadb58.Code d’exception : 0xc0000005.Décalage d’erreur : 0x00085da0.ID du processus défaillant : 0x2420.Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d1c96f34680e93.Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : E:\FsX\fsx.exe.Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: E:\FsX\g2d.dll.ID de rapport : 923ce49a-3564-11e6-a0a3-c86000cc4d68

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2016, 06:25:39 pm »

Understand that "disabled", doesn't mean you just don't launch the ASN (or other products, that I never head of) user interface. Disabled means you DISABLE the associated .DLL your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\DLL.XML file, setting the <Disabled>True</Disabled> for each 3rd party module you want to test as being "really disabled"

Unless you do that, no module is really "disabled".

Please try again with all 3rd party modules disabled (in the DLL.XML file) and see if the crashes stops. Leave ONLY bglmanx.dll in the DLL.XML file and Couatl.exe in the EXE.XML file.

THIS IS JUST A TEST. I'm not saying you must permanently disable all your software, but that's how we proceed when finding the eventual conflicts.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:27:11 pm by virtuali »

skipy33

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2016, 07:21:49 pm »
You're right I didn't disabled ASN module. Ok I try without anything but FSDT modules and exe (without SODE).

Skip.

skipy33

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2016, 07:57:29 pm »
OK. Made the test without any .dll or .exe module except couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll (no SODE) and same CTD. I used Learjet 45 from KHEE direct to KMEM rwy 9 interception.

Any other idea? Disable all traffic AI? FTX Global?

Skip.

ipg1939

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2016, 10:10:33 pm »
KMEM still has issues. Cant load in from a fresh reboot to KMEM without a CTD G2D.DLL while the scenery is loading. Have to load into another airport then go to Memphis and depart. FSX crashed on arrival to my destination with a python27.dll error CTD. SO, Flew from PANC - KMEM just now and guess what. CTD at 2,000 Feet on final for 09. Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g2d.dll

NEVER EVER had this issue. Looks like you have some more work to do.

Last night i installed the KMEM from FSDT site. COutl is up to date and add on manager is brand new.

I am just about out of patience with this product. Sitting here for 20 hours of flying and not being able to land once... Not how i operate.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:15:45 pm by ipg1939 »

skipy33

« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2016, 11:56:21 pm »
Last test for today:
- All modules actives (as it was crashing without during next try)
- All sceneries disabled except FSDT KMEM (no more FTX Libs)

1°) Start at KMEM 36C with learjet: Loading ok. I take off and fly 15nm away, save situation and go back without problem (KMEM remains loaded)...

2°) I stop the previous flight and load the situation saved just before (flying 15nm outbound). Turn 180° back to KMEM. CTD as usual when arriving 6nm inbound.

The problem seems to occur when KMEM is loading for the first time when arriving at 6nm. 
I hope a fix will be find soon.

Skip.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2016, 01:48:57 am »
The problem seems to occur when KMEM is loading for the first time when arriving at 6nm.  I hope a fix will be find soon.

I just made the following test:

- Created a flight 15 NM south of KMEM

- Saved it as a default flight

- Quit from FSX

- Restarted FSX, and slewed to reach the airport until I was on top of it.

- Repeated this a dozen of times, allowing the whole airport to be unloaded and then reloaded very quickly, which is one of the most stressful testing you can do to *make* it crash.

- Tried with the default A321, then I repeated it again with the PMDG 777, several times, back and forth between the initial point at 15NM out and on top of the airport.

The results ? No crashes whatsoever. I had several 3rd party modules loaded, such as ASN, the PMDG modules, the Aerosoft modules, RAAS Professional, FSUIPC and FSRecorder.

While I was doing this, I was also logging all Simconnect events on a file, to check if any module caused errors. And guess what, there were some errors logged but, guess what, NONE of the errors came from any of our modules (bglmanx and Couatl.exe).

I had:

- Many FSUIPC UNRECOGNIZED_ID errors

- Some SODE OUT OF BOUNDS errors

- Some PMDG 777 errors which are clearly bugs: they mis-named some variables and have a duplicated event id.

- One UNRECOGNIZED_ID error from RAAS Pro

Again, NO errors of any kind from Couatl or Bglmanx.dll. The test lasted about 6 minutes, I wonder how many more errors I could log from those 3rd party modules and IF too many of them might cause a problem to the Sim, along the duration of a flight.

I think the only possible solution would be arranging a Teamviewer session, since I cannot replicate this in any way on my system. PM or email me for details.

skipy33

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2016, 08:12:15 am »
Hi,

I think I have the same addons than you but the problem seems elsewhere. I performed another test with AI density set to 0 (because KMEM is very busy with Traffic X) and got the same CTD.

I'll give you my mail adress in PM and propose the following plan:

- Modify FSX settings around scenery quality (all are set to max in my configuration)

- Use a "light" simObjectPaths list is Fsx.cfg (Only default and SODE)

- Uninstall / Install KMEM

Regards,

Skip.

Hnla

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2016, 04:28:10 pm »
Note that I never had a G2D crash from KMEM to begin with. My crashes were from "Ntdll.dll" and "FSUIPC4.DLL", and a complete reinstall of ASN and FSUPIC fixed the crashes.

skipy33

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2016, 05:57:00 pm »
Hi,

Well after hours of testing I think I'm approaching the solution... It seems my CTD is related to AIRCRAFT_SHADOW setting in Fsx.cfg. When set active (1) and approaching to KMEM (first time airport is loading) I get a CTD. If disabled (0) no CTD. NOte than after several CTD the system is so dirty than CTD always occurs.

I have to confirm this result and check if ORBX is not linked to that issue. If I start Fsx on KMEM apron with aircraft shadow active no problem...

Skip.