Author Topic: Geneva install removed my Zurich!  (Read 8152 times)

Neil

Geneva install removed my Zurich!
« on: December 13, 2008, 05:13:58 am »
Just installed Geneva, looks great, bringing up FS9, I get "you have an old version of ZurichX installed, please download a current version". Checked Zurich, it's gone, looks like the trial version. Reinstalled latest version of Zurich, and now it is asking for key, whereas on previous upgrades this did not occur. Before I get into a rant here, this is not good. Install of Geneva should not affect Zurich. I had the latest version of Zurich installed. I am now faced with a lifetime of sorrow and regret over this purchase, at least until I find my key for Zurich. There are however problems with the new installer, and I am seeing error messages as I go back and forth, will try to document better, but first must locate my Zurich key!

Neil

Re: Geneva install removed my Zurich!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 07:31:31 am »
Followup, found my key, reinstalled, looked ok. Restarted and getting esellerate error, followed by Zurich not registered. I am in a loop, here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:14:07 am »
Restarted and getting esellerate error, followed by Zurich not registered. I am in a loop, here.

If with "esellerate error" you mean you got an "esellerate engine not found error", for some reason the installer couldn't update your esellerateengine.dll, which shouldn't happen.

You can download the dll from here:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/eSellerateEngine.dll

and put it into the c:\windows folder, if you are on XP or in the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate, if you are on Vista

Neil

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 04:15:44 pm »
thanks for the reply, and the esellersate dll error is the one. I think I want to start over. I have deinstalled the addon manager, and will deinstall Geneva and Zurich (I have my keys for both). Advice on next step. Should I install addon manager, followed by scenery, or scenery seperately. What would be the preferred path?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 06:21:23 pm »
I think I want to start over.

I haven't said to start over. I've given you precise instructions how to solve your issue, which was to place the esellerateengine.dll in the correct folder, this would have fixed your issue.

If you really want to restart from scratch, which is not needed anyway, just be sure you are using the latest versions of all the installer. The installation order doesn't matter, at least for our products. If you have any Cloud9 products, since it has been a while they don't update their installers, it might be best if you install these first.

Neil

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 07:32:10 pm »
thanks Virtuali, I know you didn't say start over, I jumped to a solution without waiting for your reply. I should be able to re-install sucessfully, and now have a resource for the dll error if it occurrs again. Any thoughts on what happened with the initial install? Don't get annoyed, I passed on the discount, as I want to see more of your products in the future!

Neil

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:07:55 pm »
Ok, everything is working now. Placed eSellerateEngine.dll in C:\Windows, could not find Program Data, this is in Vista 32. Addon Manager running fine, but still showing install current version of Zurich. Downloaded current version and installed, everything is now ok. Previously installed version was 1.03 from the release date, Addon must have been looking for the current version, which is what I thought was installed. Should be good, problem was most likely Vista security, but the addon did not give an error on installation, it was run as an administrator. I will leave everything alone for a few days, and then probably buy JFK!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 10:02:47 am »
Ok, everything is working now. Placed eSellerateEngine.dll in C:\Windows, could not find Program Data, this is in Vista 32.

Please, remove it immediately from there, otherwise you WILL get an issue similar to this very soon.

The fact you haven't found the C:\ProgramData, it's because this folder is by default hidden. If you choose to show system folders and files in the View settings, it will appear.

The correct folder for that file in Vista is C:\ProgramData\Esellerate, you need to create that folder if it doesn't exist.

Again, please, remove the file from the C:\Windows folder, which will create a lot of problems in Vista.

Neil

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 05:26:38 am »
Thanks, moved to correct directory. No problems encountered.