Author Topic: Jetways not moving **SOLVED**  (Read 16874 times)

irishcurse

Jetways not moving **SOLVED**
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:46:59 pm »
The jetways don't move when I select it through GSX. The wheels at the base turn as if lining up but thats it. The beacon is on but it doesn't move. Tried it at a few gates. It is the same at KIAH. Am I doing something wrong? GSX seems to be stuck in the boarding mode each time. Is there a way to get them to move other than with the GSX menu? CTRL J works at DFW but not at IAH or MEM.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 12:42:37 am by virtuali »

irishcurse

Re: Jetways not moving
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 04:43:32 pm »
Just to add to that..... At ORD when I try to board or deboard couatl crashes. Haven't tried any other airports. I downloaded and reinstalled all FSDT airports as well as GSX and the add on manager prior to this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 05:34:06 pm »
The jetways don't move when I select it through GSX. The wheels at the base turn as if lining up but thats it. The beacon is on but it doesn't move.

Doesn't happen here, and nobody else reported it. SODE jetways either don't move at all, or they work. I assume you have updated GSX using the latest FULL installer, have you ?

GSX seems to be stuck in the boarding mode each time.

What do you mean with "stuck" ? You either see the jetway selection menu, or you don't, but boarding will continue in either way.

Is there a way to get them to move other than with the GSX menu?

GSX ask SODE if a jetway ( considering your plane, the doors and your parking position ) can work. If SODE replies the jetway is ok, you'll see the selection menu in GSX, otherwise it won't make any difference: that jetway, on that plane, on that door, at that position, couldn't work even if you could call it from the SODE menu instead. Of course, GSX will give you a clear warning about this.

CTRL J works at DFW but not at IAH or MEM.

That's exactly how it's supposed to be. Only KIAH and KMEM have SODE jetways, and SODE jetways work using the jetway selection menu during Boarding/Deboarding in GSX.

Scenery using the default FSX system will continue to work using CTRL+J

The GSX parking menu will tell you which parking have SODE jetways, appending a "/JS" to their name. If you see only a "/J" it means it's a default CTRL+J jetway. And if there's nothing ,it means there's no jetway there.

irishcurse

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 05:58:33 pm »
Yes I updated all my FSDT products.

Stuck meaning it wont allow any other GSX requests because its "loading pax" but it isn't

I see the jetway selection and choose it. The beacon on the jetway starts to flash and the wheels turn to align to move forward but it never moves.

I understand the CTRL J works on others I was just pointing out that function is working  ( at the other airports) so its not like the whole thing is messed up.

The request to load or unload pax is making GSX or couatl crash (at ORD. i will try non FSDT airports next and report back.). None of this was a issue until MEM was installed so something is wrong. I have tried updating all FSDT stuff including the add on manager and GSX. I have no other ideas what to check which is why I posted here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 06:11:20 pm »
Stuck meaning it wont allow any other GSX requests because its "loading pax" but it isn't

Check if you open the requested passenger doors.

see the jetway selection and choose it. The beacon on the jetway starts to flash and the wheels turn to align to move forward but it never moves.

That seems to be a SODE issue. Do you have other sceneries using the old version ? Maybe is still installed ?

I understand the CTRL J works on others I was just pointing out that function is working  ( at the other airports) so its not like the whole thing is messed up.

the default animation system and SODE don't have anything in common so, one working and the other not, doesn't tell much.

The request to load or unload pax is making GSX or couatl crash (at ORD. i will try non FSDT airports next and report back.).

Check if you have a Couatl.err file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, and if yes, post its content ( ZIP the file and attach it to a message )

irishcurse

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 06:44:57 pm »
I do have a err file. GSX works fine at default airports. Going to try all the FSDT and Flightbeam and see what doesnt work. It was giving me a weird error at ORD. This time the error said to download the add on manager and install again ( which I already had)so i am doing it again.

irishcurse

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 10:26:08 pm »
Here is the file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 10:49:32 pm »
Do you have the VRS Tac Pack installed maybe ? Those errors seems to be the strange Simconnect issues someone reported here.

gvert

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 11:32:39 pm »
The jetways don't move when I select it through GSX. The wheels at the base turn as if lining up but thats it. The beacon is on but it doesn't move.

Doesn't happen here, and nobody else reported it. SODE jetways either don't move at all, or they work. I assume you have updated GSX using the latest FULL installer, have you ?

Got the same issue with the PMDG 737-700 on Gate A27 on my end (didnt test the other gates so far). I updated GSX with the latest full installer.

EDIT: Same on the other gates, the wheels turn and the beacon goes on. Also it makes a short move upwards and then stucks in that position, but the jetway is not connecting the the aircraft.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:51:40 pm by gvert »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 11:53:29 pm »
Just curious, do the jetways move for ai traffic too? Cause mine are not working as well. I also have downloaded and installed the latest version of GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 11:56:25 pm »
EDIT: Same on the other gates, the wheels turn and the beacon goes on. Also it makes a short move upwards and then stucks in that position, but the jetway is not connecting the the aircraft.

If you get the GSX jetway selection menu, and no errors from GSX, it means that communication with SODE is happening normally so, anything that happens after GSX has sent the command to move a jetway, is happening entirely inside SODE.

Do you maybe have an older version installed, that came with other sceneries ?

gvert

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 11:58:40 pm »

If you get the GSX jetway selection menu, and no errors from GSX, it means that communication with SODE is happening normally so, anything that happens after GSX has sent the command to move a jetway, is happening entirely inside SODE.

Yes, will be uninstalling SODE completely and trying it again. Will report the outcome.

gvert

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 12:20:27 am »
OK, problem solved on my end! It seemed to be an issue with an old SODE installation, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled 1.3.3 again, now it works!

irishcurse

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 04:30:40 am »

I didn't have SODE in my sim until I installed MEM so I don't have a old version. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again from their site. that fixed the jetway not moving but I still have a problem where if I choose to board or deboard and aircraft at any other FSDT scenery couatl crashes. I attached the crash message

irishcurse

Re: Jetways not moving **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 04:46:39 am »
Solved the crashing. Reinstalled GSX(for the 4th time). Must have needed it after reinstalling SODE. So happy because i love FSDT sceneries. Best out there!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:47:07 am by irishcurse »