Author Topic: KIAH update with SODE jetways  (Read 30465 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
KIAH update with SODE jetways
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:35:06 am »
We released today an update for Houston, to use SODE Jetways (together with the updated GSX). This update requires to download and install the Full Installer for KIAH and the latest GSX Full installer too.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:12:01 pm by virtuali »

Kai-Uwe

Re: KIAH update with SODE jetways
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 01:44:48 pm »
Just downloaded and installed both of them. How can I trigger the jetways now? CTRL+J doesn't work now anymore it seems.

Kai

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:46:37 pm »
You now use the jetways during the GSX boarding/deboarding procedure: that was the main point of having them integrated with GSX to begin with.

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 01:48:54 pm »
Thanks, just read it in the GSX-thread too. Works fantastically, great work that you have done, Umberto! :)

Kai

kenthom

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 06:35:28 am »
Do you have to download the GSX installer if you have purchased KMEM and have it installed for KMEM? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 01:58:37 pm »
Do you have to download the GSX installer if you have purchased KMEM and have it installed for KMEM? 

Yes, otherwise you won't have moving jetways, since they are controlled by GSX. Having purchased GSX or not doesn't make any difference, since GSX is always free to use at any FSDT scenery.

cowings1588

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 02:45:03 pm »
RE: Original Jetways, is it possible to make a bgl file for just having the B gate original jetways but excluding the other jetways from C,D,E,A the newer jetways that was on the New B concourse, I take out the original BGL file so I wouldn't have duplicate jetways on the C,D,E concourses but it also wiped out the B staircase type jetways as well. can you make a bgl file just for them so they'll still be seen but wiping out the other jetways so we only see the SODE on those gates ?

COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 02:48:22 pm »
I don't entirely follow you. In any case, B jetways were never made with SODE, not even in the latest AFCAD.

cowings1588

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 02:58:50 pm »
actually you just answered my question in another post..

However so you understand what I was asking.. I'll still go ahead & say it.. I had deleted the jetway.bgl file so I wouldn't have the dual jetway on the A,C,D,E TERMINALS.. However when I deleted it also took away the stairway type jetway system on the new B concourses where there was like moving stairways with the blue tarp..

What I was going to ask was if there was a bgl file you could make in the mean time to take away the Jetways from Terminals A,C,D,E leaving only those on the new B concourse that had the moving stairway system that way on A,C,D,E terminals all you'd see is the SODE JETWAYS. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:07:38 pm by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 03:04:55 pm »
I think you are still missing the point. First, you should NOT remove the Jetway.bgl, that's a WRONG way to remove jetways, because this way you will remove the library file that holds the actual objects, all versions of them. The file should always stay.

Jetways must be removed only by the AFCAD, so you can choose which one you want to remove, depending on the AFCAD.

B gates jetways are made as standard FSX jetways, both in the latest KIAH release AND the previous one so, as long as you don't touch the Jetway.bgl file, you won't lose them.

cowings1588

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 03:08:26 pm »
Ok, sounds good...

I did just what you said, After I reinstalled the IAH to get the Jetway.bgl file back, I went into afcad & took out the default jetways that way leaving only the B gates I wanted & everything else is SODE jetways only..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:58:30 pm by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

qxlover

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 10:58:24 pm »
So this update is pretty much only for people with GSX correct? The sode only work with GSX?

cowings1588

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 05:00:54 am »
No, if you have FSDT scenery, GSX is free with FSDT scenery, so you will have it..  But I really recommmend getting GSX full.. Its really good..
COA
Bill

qxlover

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 01:15:31 am »
OH, i did not know GSX was free for the FSDT scenery's. cool thanks for letting me know.

jrclewis

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 09:33:31 pm »
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! The SODE Jetways feature is THE BEST! I cant thank you enough, Most 3rd party jets don't have jetway code and you either have to customize or search the web. Half the time it would NEVER work! This makes it so much better and accurate! I love it!  ;D ;D ;D ;D