Author Topic: No Airport in sight , Just beautiful fields **SOLVED**  (Read 5311 times)

ipg1939

No Airport in sight , Just beautiful fields **SOLVED**
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:26:57 am »
Installed once, Went to KMEM. Not a airport in sight. Just a couple runways and shadows on the ground. Uninstalled it, GSX, SODE, PHNL. rebooted. installed and once again NO KMEM.  Now on install number 8 or so. And still NO KMEM. I have disabled all ORBX stuff. No change. Addon manager also disappears when i go to KMEM. I have registered it. It says its active and installed. I have no Anti Virus at all.

Just big open field with nothing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:02:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Airport in sight , Just beautiful fields
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 06:32:48 am »
Addon manager also disappears when i go to KMEM. I have registered it. It says its active and installed. I have no Anti Virus at all.

It's not possible the Addon Manager would disappear in the middle of a session because, as a .DLL, if it crashed, it would crash the whole sim. Maybe you are referring to the Couatl program instead.

Do you have the Couatl menu ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 06:49:05 am »
Well, as I've said, it's not possible the Addon Manager would disappear without crashing the sim. So, maybe it has simply being blocked by the antivirus, so it cannot "talk" with FSX to issue the command to create its own menu. And for the same reason, the scenery will not show.

Yes, you said you don't have any antivirus but, are you sure you don't have at least the default Windows Defender ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 11:43:22 am »
And. It only disappears and causes issues to my addon menu if i go to KMEM. No other airports effect it.

Not even other FSDT or Flightbeam airports ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 02:46:00 am »
I'm sorry, but I really cannot explain this. Nobody ever reported disappearing menus like that. We don't have any interaction with FSUIPC so, even if FSUIPC is not working, it seems you have another problem, and both our software *and* FSUIPC are equally affected.

ipg1939

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 05:40:55 am »
Okay, Go ahead and delete this thread. Turns out my Simconnect was hanging due to a corrupted WX station Bin file in FSX. That caused all Add on menu items to hang up after a minute of sim running. There for KMEM or anything else wouldn't function properly.  Took me 24 Hours of anger and frustration and deletion and pasting and reg editing to fix it. NOW i installed KMEM and its beautiful! Thanks for trying to help on this issue .

Im going flying.