Author Topic: Rain appearing in control tower  (Read 7347 times)

Ironkidz

Rain appearing in control tower
« on: June 02, 2016, 02:59:17 am »
One other issue that I noticed, is that rain penetrates the ATC tower. If there isnt a way to fix this, it isnt the biggest issue, but still something I wanted to ensure was noted.

https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7368/27372741086_fbc53f4cfe_k.jpg
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:18:17 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Rain appearing in control tower
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 03:00:41 am »
No way to fix this, because the sim engine doesn't support the concept of rain being blocked by a building.

devgrp

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 03:14:08 am »
what kinda stupid crap is this? If you're gonna sell us on all this new feature you should have been able to find a way to prevent this. This feature sucks if it rains in the tower

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 03:21:01 am »
what kinda stupid crap is this? If you're gonna sell us on all this new feature you should have been able to find a way to prevent this. This feature sucks if it rains in the tower

What are you trying to say now ? Are you confusing us with Lockheed Martin ? If the rain is something that doesn't have any idea of being inside a building, what are you suggesting WE should do ?

Not doing any inside of any building, just because of the rain ???

Or, are you suggesting we should automatically have the rain stops when you go inside the Tower ? That would be a solution worse than the problem because, of course, the rain would stop everywhere, even on the outside. Without even mentioning that it would be wrong to touch the Weather.

Ironkidz

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 03:24:59 am »

What are you trying to say now ? Are you confusing us with Lockheed Martin ? If the rain is something that doesn't have any idea of being inside a building, what are you suggesting WE should do ?

Not doing any inside of any building, just because of the rain ???

Or, are you suggesting we should automatically have the rain stops when you go inside the Tower ? That would be a solution worse than the problem because, of course, the rain would stop everywhere, even on the outside. Without even mentioning that it would be wrong to touch the Weather.

Dont let him wind you up, its a minor limitation to the over exceptional nature of this work. Dont listen to him, it appears that he is trying to upset you.

devgrp

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 03:33:09 am »
lmao I'm just, you should've now the limitation before you made all these new feature. No one wants to sit in a tower if the roof is leaking

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 03:36:24 am »
you should've now the limitation before you made all these new feature.

We obviously knew very well but, of course, we thought that nobody would ever complain of this or rather prefer NOT having the tower to begin with.

They key sentence here is:

The Tower interior does NOT get loaded unless you go *very* close to it, so it won't take away any VAS or fps if you don't use it.

No one wants to sit in a tower if the roof is leaking

Then wait for the good weather to visit the tower...

eke2000

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 02:28:11 pm »

;D ;D ;D very good answer!

pete_auau

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 08:12:35 am »

;D ;D ;D very good answer!

Lol   I  don't  mind  the  rain  coming  in,  although  I hate  the  sunshine  rays  coming  in  though.  :)

Emi

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 11:57:29 am »
lol, seriously guys, this is still a scenery for a flight simulator... you're supposed to fly there. I seriously hope you're flying insight the tower lol

Just visit it when the weather is good and that's it...
Best regards,
Emanuel

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 03:09:34 pm »
The weather is also clear skies by default. If it's raining, you caused it.   ;D :D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock