Author Topic: FSX Crashes Upon Loading After KMEM Install??  (Read 35387 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Crashes Upon Loading After KMEM Install??
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2016, 11:31:09 pm »
I bought KMEM an hour ago, and I also encounter the CTD problem: I can start my fsx without any problem, but when I load Memphis, the moment the loading is finished and the scenery is visible my sim crashes to desktop. The problem occurs only at KMEM, at no other airport tested yet. I tried your new bglmanx.dll posted on page 3, but it did NOT help.

There wasn't any need to try the updated bglmanx.dll, because the version you got it's exactly that one (it's downloaded by the installer, and it's online since yesterday night), and that one surely doesn't cause any crashes.

Also, your crash seems entirely different. Everybody that reported crashes had them either on startup, or when accessing the FSX menus. All of them had their crashes fixed with the current version of the .DLL, which is the same you have.

So, it must be something else. What airplane you used ? Have you tried with a default plane ?

AirbusA330

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2016, 12:25:37 am »
Hello,

thanks for your fast reply. I used the standard Cessna 172 for testing.

johnnycrockett

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2016, 07:49:31 am »
I bought both KLAX and KMEM today but have had a bit of trouble installing both. I remember having the same issue with PHNL & what not a while back too. Something along these lines;

1. Installed both products.
2. Started FSX and went to a basic airfield, accessed Add on Manager to activate. I enter serial however no connection with server even after disabling firewall.
3. Attempted offline activation. Click the link and copy code, go back to FSX and it freezes.
4. Upon restart dialogue box comes up asking to activate scenery. After clicking yes scenery is activated. This worked for KLAX which I did first. I haven't been able to do this for KMEM. Online activation doesn't work (can't find server) and manual offline via browser freezes the computer.

It's a frustrating experience but it doesn't bother me a great deal since you only have to do it once anyway. Do you have any ideas as to why the manual activation process keeps freezing?

stesma54

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2016, 09:32:01 am »
Hi everyone, I had the same problem wit KMEM as a lot of people here and I solved it this way: took off from another airport an landed at KMEM because if i started off a flight at KMEM i got CTD,offline activation coz the online one faild (as usual even though i have no antivirus and no firewall active). After this all KMEM seems to be working but I get some objects floatin apove the airport. I hope this'll help.
Kind regards
stefano smania

stesma54

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2016, 09:59:45 am »
Hi,little update: my "trick" is not always working, sometimes i still get CTD starting a flight at Menphis but now along with floating objects i'm experiencing taxiways lines perpendicular to the ground, i mean they are "against the sky".I've never had this weird issues with any of your airports though. You guys at FSDT have always done a great job!
cheers
stefano smania

AirbusA330

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2016, 01:53:13 pm »
Hello,

thanks for your fast reply. I used the standard Cessna 172 for testing.

An update from me here: After uninstalling SODE (clean) and reinstalling it the problem was solved. I expect the problem might have been that SODE is automatically installed when you install KMEM - and I had SODE before that, so maybe something messed up during this "double" installation. Now the scenery works fine without any CTD. But I'm experiencing the problem with the rotated/"flying" taxilines now, as described in the other thread. (FSX+SP2) More on this topic in the other thread....