Author Topic: FSX Crashes Upon Loading After KMEM Install??  (Read 35595 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Crashes Upon Loading After KMEM Install??
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2016, 05:34:30 am »
I them then tied to switch to KDFW to make sure it works and then got a crash and the couatl log is attached.

Found the problem, and you can fix it by running any FSDT installer again.

Vaynes

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2016, 05:38:15 am »
Could you please try if updating this file fixes the crashes ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download_test/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx.dll

Place it in the main folder of the sim, and replace the file with the same name that is already there.

Tried that but now Coualt doesn't start so I don't see JFK V2 and it's not in my Addon Menu.

No crashes though!

Nothing in this updated version (that hasn't changed a bit, just re-compiled and re-uploaded) could have any effect on Couatl loading. The most common cause for Couatl not starting, is the antivirus blocking it.

Understood, I might be a lucky exception.  

I just downloaded the file again without rebooting or making changes to my A/V and it did fix the crashes.  I did a circuit in JFK V2 with no issues.

Question, when I purchase KMEM do I need to place this file in manually again?

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2016, 05:39:20 am »
I them then tied to switch to KDFW to make sure it works and then got a crash and the couatl log is attached.

Ok, I'll run the GSX installer again since I seem to have lost GSX but it shows its installed.

I think the floaters and lines in the sky are similar to the pole in the sky at LSZH. No matter what driver I used and on two separate computers I never got it fixed. For KMEM the lines seem to disappear after you warp to a few different locations but the floaters are related to some of the approach lights.

I hope that the scenery will be useable for non Acceleration users as I run a vanilla cfg and have stable drivers already. I am scared to start trying new drivers to fix the lines.

Wise87

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2016, 05:56:41 am »
Going to try again. Was there a new GSX also or do I run the update??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2016, 06:06:17 am »
Going to try again. Was there a new GSX also or do I run the update??

This GSX Update must be downloaded and installed using the full installer. We simply changed so many things ( new vehicles, liveries, etc. ) that it couldn't be updated with the normal Live Update method. Although you can read about the fixes in the Live Update release notes.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2016, 06:10:12 am »

Ran the GSX installer again and everything is working fine except for the taxiway lines in the sky.

I did a fresh .cfg and the lines still appear until you slew around them and "collect"  them.

I don't have time to try different video card drivers tonight as its late, but if this is the same as the Zurich pole for SP2 users then I will probably have to skip this one since I don't have  Acceleration and don't plan to move to steam or P3D soon.

The Zurich pole issue was similar to this and would disappear after you slewd to it but no drivers or fresh cfg ever fixed it on two computer builds without Acceleration.

If no drivers can fix this for SP2 users would their be another way to render the taxi lines? I don't have this issue with the other FSDT airports.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:11:54 am by cmpbllsjc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2016, 06:14:39 am »
I don't have time to try different video card drivers tonight as its late, but if this is the same as the Zurich pole for SP2 users then I will probably have to skip this one since I don't have  Acceleration and don't plan to move to steam or P3D soon.

If you only could see how much better and faster all our products are under P3D 3 (not just ours, Flightbeam's sceneries runs almost at double fps in P3D), I'm sure you'll Uninstall FSX in no time...And, FSX:SE is still a much better version, with some memory savings.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2016, 06:30:02 am »

If you only could see how much better and faster all our products are under P3D 3 (not just ours, Flightbeam's sceneries runs almost at double fps in P3D), I'm sure you'll Uninstall FSX in no time...And, FSX:SE is still a much better version, with some memory savings.

I know but its more about the time and energy it takes to do so. It takes me a long time to get it setup after I went to this newer rig a few years ago and since I am one of the lucky ones who never suffers from FPS or OOM issues, it's hard to think about starting over again. Especially with lingering compatibility issues and always new versions of P3D coming down the line.

Are you saying that like Zurich you don't think that there can be a work around for the taxi lines?

Wise87

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2016, 06:56:18 am »
Everything is running fine now. I did get an error when I first started up but I replaced the BGLMANX..DLL as you had listed here and that fixed the problem. I also did a clean install of GSX per your instructions and it's working but after a few minutes I get the following error.

couatl v3.1 (build 3467)
panic log started on Thu Jun 02 23:47:25 2016

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\passengerBus.py", line 81, in do
NameError: global name 'PassengerStairs' is not defined
{'Airport': 'KMEM', 'Requested assistance services at': 'FEDEX Ramp Area|Parking 951', 'User Pos': (35.065075964220796, -89.97953453698159, 108.094 m, 4.10976 m, 181.12428900920457)}

The error does not crash the sim. Framerates are incredible.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:58:33 am by Wise87 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2016, 12:13:30 pm »
Everything is running fine now. I did get an error when I first started up but I replaced the BGLMANX..DLL as you had listed here and that fixed the problem. I also did a clean install of GSX per your instructions and it's working but after a few minutes I get the following error.

We are investigating this. There's already a thread about it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13568.0.html

AFavors

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2016, 04:47:31 pm »
I did the fix mentioned above and it stopped the crashing, but now I have 2 SODE programs installed. And I can't get rid of the old one. The KMEM installer simply installed a new one over the old one, which I thought was a no-no according to the SODE website. Constant error with removal because it says it can't locate the other installer. I tried to find the file that dealt with this mentioned in another post but to no avail.
i7-2600 Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
 Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
 High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
 875W Multi-GPU Approved PSU
 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
 FSX SP2 (no Acceleration)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2016, 05:01:42 pm »
I did the fix mentioned above and it stopped the crashing, but now I have 2 SODE programs installed. And I can't get rid of the old one.

What do you mean with "get rid of the old one" ? Did you had the old version that was installed in the FSX\SODE folder ? If yes, just remove that folder and remove its lines (the one pointing to FSX\SODE folder from the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files.

The KMEM installer simply installed a new one over the old one, which I thought was a no-no according to the SODE website.

I'll try to check with Jeffrey to have the SODE installer not cause issues if launched twice, which should be a standard behavior for an installer. There are several 3rd party sceneries out there that still require the old version, so it would be wrong if the KMEM installer would automatically remove SODE.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:03:16 pm by virtuali »

AFavors

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2016, 05:41:48 pm »
What do you mean with "get rid of the old one" ? Did you had the old version that was installed in the FSX\SODE folder ?

Yes, I had the one installed with ImagineSim KATL(v1.3.0 I think). I tried to uninstall it, but I get an error message saying: There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact you support personnel or package vendor.

There are several 3rd party sceneries out there that still require the old version, so it would be wrong if the KMEM installer would automatically remove SODE.

I agree

If yes, just remove that folder and remove its lines (the one pointing to FSX\SODE folder from the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files.

I don't remember where these are located. I run windows 7/FSX SP2. Can pleas give me a path to where that is located?

Thanks in Advance
Aaron
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:44:54 pm by AFavors »
i7-2600 Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
 Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
 High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
 875W Multi-GPU Approved PSU
 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
 FSX SP2 (no Acceleration)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2016, 10:09:15 pm »
I don't remember where these are located. I run windows 7/FSX SP2. Can pleas give me a path to where that is located?

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

AirbusA330

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2016, 11:12:16 pm »
Hello,

I bought KMEM an hour ago, and I also encounter the CTD problem: I can start my fsx without any problem, but when I load Memphis, the moment the loading is finished and the scenery is visible my sim crashes to desktop. The problem occurs only at KMEM, at no other airport tested yet. I tried your new bglmanx.dll posted on page 3, but it did NOT help.

I never had such a serious problem with any FSDT product before.

Hope you can help me. Testing to reinstall SODE at the moment.

best regards,
Mathias