Author Topic: Updates  (Read 3266 times)

jimstiles

Updates
« on: April 10, 2016, 01:36:17 am »
Hello, I purchased several fsdreamteam airports and GSX. I purchased these through flightshop.com. Could someone here point me in the right direction to find out if there are any updates to them and if so, how to update them?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Azframer

Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 02:48:50 am »
Well I have always gotten update notices right when my flight has loaded. To be honest I wished there was a way it would start asking after the FSX completely loaded instead of when I am about to start my flight.

Rick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 10:34:11 am »
Hello, I purchased several fsdreamteam airports and GSX. I purchased these through flightshop.com. Could someone here point me in the right direction to find out if there are any updates to them and if so, how to update them?

I'm not 100% sure but, if fspilotshop.com followed our instructions, their email receipt should only contain a download link from our site so, the installers should be the latest one available at the time of your purchase. If you suspect something might not be the latest version, just download the installers from our site again.

jimstiles

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 03:32:53 pm »
Thanks, when I log into my account with them, I can review my purchases and at the bottom of each ptoduct purchased it shows a date when that file was last updated. I'm not sure how often they update their files once an update has been released. Is there a list of release dates available on your site that I can compare with so that I can be sure my FSDreamteam products are up to date?

By the way, the preview pictures of KMEM are great, I've been waiting for that one.

Thanks for all the great products.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 10:31:25 am »
Thanks, when I log into my account with them, I can review my purchases and at the bottom of each product purchased it shows a date when that file was last updated.

As I've said, if they followed our instructions, what they have sent you is NOT the actual installer, but just a link to our site to download it. The link itself NEVER changes so, whatever date you see, it's entirely irrelevant with our products, because they couldn't possibly know if the file linked has been updated or not.

But that's precisely the point: you don't have to wonder about file dates. Just know that, whenever you click on that link, is ALWAYS the very latest version available.

Since the installer is always freely available on our site, it takes less time to just download it anyway whenever you need to reinstall it, and don't even worry about keeping a backup of it.

The issue is, most retailers websites are made around the concept of "download after you pay", they are not really suited to the "download before you pay" we use, so it might get a bit confusing sometimes.

jimstiles

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 01:33:54 pm »
Ok, great.

Thanks