Author Topic: Boeing 777-9X  (Read 20179 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: Boeing 777-9X
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 08:30:36 pm »
Wow! Lookin great. You integrated the AP panel very well.
If all the rest of the MIP and instruments come out that well, I will be totally impressed :D

I am not much of a tube driver. I stick to the v16.1 Hornet, but I know a good cockpit when I see one, and you are well on the way to a great one.
I look forward to every step, AND the final result.
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 10:44:32 pm »
Thanks Pat it means a lot to hear you are liking it so far. It takes a lot of time, I have a much higher appreciation for all those who have done this out ahead of me.
Work on the MIP has slowed a bit, I have some F-16 doing some mock dogfights above me today. A peak at the MIP in 2D so far, it is raw and has some overlap that will be taken out before I go 3D.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 05:26:44 am »
Last picture I posted, is going to ne wrong for the 777-9X. The screens are much bigger and even staggered. The one screen half over center console is higher than the outer screen, as seen in this video

Rick
[ Invalid YouTube link ]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:28:37 am by Azframer »

Azframer

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2016, 11:43:00 pm »
What I have decided to do is continue on with cockpit of the 777-200/300 models as in my model pictures I have posted. While I continue that I will also be continuing research for the 8X/9X versions, finding out more about the displays as I can and try to incorporate as much function as I can in FSX without being to much a burden on frame rates in the VC.
I have found few photos of the actual cockpit that show enough to really get a grasp of the cockpits real layout. I feel most changes are in the avionics and replacing those will be quite easy after the 200/300 is complete.
I have had interest in me working on a cockpit for the SkySpirit 767 and I may end up giving that a shot, most SS 767 are being pushed out with 737-800 cockpits and they are not really that close.
So more will be coming down the pipe.

Rick 

Azframer

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 11:15:53 am »
Okay those that have been watching saw where I was on the 2D of the MIP just above. Then I found some picture and video and started the 8X/9X version only to realize I really did not have enough to get as close as I wanted.
So I added a picture of where I was on the X version when it started hitting me. Then I stashed it on another layer so I can come back to it when I have more info.
Almost had to start over with the 2D of the 200/300 MIP and made it to this point before shutting down for the night.
Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 07:04:49 am »
Woofta! So you're starting over on a new cockpit?
Well, it's you're choice, obviously :D
Looks like a decent start on the panel. I hope the rest of it goes as fast and easily.
Putting the gauges/displays in seems like the easiest part. Just pick the right one, size it, and place it properly. I've done a lot of "stuff" with 2D panels, using different gauges, placing things on the panel and so on. Loved every minute of it :D
Have fun! Don't over do it though. Take a couple hours out in the spring sunshine, read a book, whatever. It helps, really. It sure does me!
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 11:18:28 am »
Just started over on Main Instrument Panel, the MIP in the 200/300 is different than the 8X/9X. Just going to settle in and do the 200/300 cockpit till I get better info on the 8X/9X cockpit.
Figure I'd throw some contrasting colors to make it stand out a bit.

Azframer

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 02:21:56 am »
I have more of the detail done on the MIP. Still a long way off.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2016, 03:41:05 am »
Kind of bumming right now, this Blender is so different than Running CAD. I am so used to drawing a object in CAD and being able to subtract a object from another and I can't figure out how I can cut my window holes in the cockpit now.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 05:31:05 am »
Searched videos until up against my limits, daughter moved back home and all she does is watch videos. Throwing in the towel on it, stashing it on Google files until I figure out how to do the windows in Blender.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 03:35:48 am »
I got someone who found these video that will be shedding a lot of light and answering a lot of my problems I am sure.

That is a play list of Blender tutorials I needed. They are for X-plane and the guy is running a Mac, but Blender may look different but commands are the same it seems like.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2016, 01:19:33 am »
Okay I had run into some issues,son went into the hospital with walking Pneumonia and a few days after that I had surgery on my nasal passages and I  am still healing from that. While my son was in the hospital I talked about having hard time making the frame for windows on SkySpirit page on Facebook and Hiroshi gave me permission to use his from  his model. So before my surgery I separated the Window Frame Glass and Wipers. Today I scaled them up positioned them in place. Had to stop at this point due to eyes burning and will step it back up as my eyes allow me to do more.
I need to fine tune my fuselage here and there, little cutting and such.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 03:20:25 am »
Started back at it again this week. Working on center console, the busiest part of the console, the section with the most detail. Getting the 2D work done so I can come back and do my extrude to give it more detail and depth. This is what I had done as of last night. Just now got home ready to start up now and get some more things done.pretty close to starting the extruding part now.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 10:29:14 am »
So I get where I am almost ready to start lofting things into 3D and noticed some thing with phone and had to move it forward. I was going by what was drawings in the PDF and went to pictures to get more of the details. I found that where the paper out feed is actually inset and will be making that adjustment tomorrow. along with a few other lines need to be moved forward, need to make inset parts where connectors hold each piece of the electronics in place. Very time consuming, cross checking trying to get things right before lofting.
Still working at it

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 08:32:12 am »
Today I started lofting some of this. Just a quick post.

Rick