Author Topic: Boeing 777-9X  (Read 20207 times)

Azframer

Boeing 777-9X
« on: March 18, 2016, 02:11:00 am »
I downloaded the Boeing 777-9X plane and loved the way it flew. Problem was, and don't get me wrong here, I am not knocking the panel that was installed in it at all. It just was not even close to being a fit.
So I did what I have found many others trying to do and that is use the old Posky Cockpit with the beautiful upgrades. Not 100% but would have been acceptable. Problem is it can't be done Polsky's cockpit and plane are all in one models, not a separate cockpit model like it seems.
I wanted a better cockpit so I started looking for measurements and everything I could find for numbers for the cockpit layout. I do have Project 777 PDF and his pictures. Being that this is the 9X they have gone glass on the MIP all else is pretty close from what I have gathered.
If you know of any info that I can dig around in it would be much appreciated. So far this is what I have gotten done.
Thanks
            Rick

Azframer

Re: Boeing 777-9X
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 07:35:18 pm »
Update as of finishing last night. I have to say this is tough to do with what I have for info. Translating numbers into angles curves and what not have been working on me.
But I want this cockpit, I want it to be the glass cockpit that Boeing is transforming it to be.

Rick

Edit: I failed to mention as you can see I am running TurboCAD, but I can save to 3DS format and move it into Blender or GMAX.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:41:03 pm by Azframer »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 08:01:26 am »
Looking good so far!  :)
Hope you can get it all, totally, completely. I bet you will, too...
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 08:41:36 am »
Yea I working on it steady as I can Pat, working out things, taking it as I can get it figured out.
I got that Blender figured out now, I was missing my Blender2FSX tools and found out they were not going in the same place as previous version I had been watching videos of. It makes it's own tab on the left hand tool bar at the bottom.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 08:32:21 pm »
I have been trying to get the 2D drawings of the seats worked out where it is acceptable to me, that has been tough, I think I might have a total of 5 measurements on document that shows the seat in a skewed angle. But saved as 3DS format in Blender.

Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 06:29:08 am »
Great progress so far! Don't quit. Looks like you will have it done before you know it. I know it feels slow when you're doing it, but suddenly it will be done and you will think "That wasn't so bad at all!"
You wait and see :D
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 06:29:41 pm »
Giving up is not in my vocabulary, I don't want to quit with the progress I have had. I am liking the way  this is turning out so far. I got the seat back done and have turned to the arm rests now. Seat has a lot of detail I  will try to duplicate.
Once this process comes out of the CAD program it will slow downa bit for me because I will be in the learning stages of Blender.
Thanks for your interest
Rick

Azframer

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 05:03:35 am »
Well from here on out it is going to slow a bit with many smaller detailed items coming up. All the grooves placing switches knobs and screens just a ton of smaller things that take time to size up and stuff. Not giving up just getting started. I leave you guys interested in  this a couple of pictures.

Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 07:00:52 am »
Excellent work so far!
I know, I keep saying that, but only because it's true :)
Now come the little details part, which will take a while, I understand.
You're doing "stuff" I can't even dream about. I can't draw a straight line with a friggen ruler, for heaven's sake.
I can admire other's work, though, and your's is lookin good, and can only get better :)
Keep it up!
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 12:04:23 am »
Well I got hit with some bad news yesterday, we have had bad wind for like 4 days straight, we are off the grid and sand/dust must have shorted out our inverter. I will be cut short on time working on this project severely, and will be limited to internet during the process until we have a new inverter or replace the one we have. Any where between $1,500 to $1,800 to replace with new one. The demons of living off the grid....

Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 07:19:56 am »
Ahhh, but the benefits!
Peaceful, quiet, lets you do what you want when you want, no neighbors to worry about annoying you...
When I lived in Yuma, which I despise, we had problems with sand/dust getting into EVERYTHING too, so I can empathize. Not only is the stuff horribly abrasive, but I think it has a high metal content, so it can be tough on electrics, I know that! And it seems like it doesn't matter how well you THINK you have it sealed up, the bloody sand/dust gets in anyway...

Well, good luck getting you Inverter replaced. Sorry it costs so much...
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 07:49:46 am »
I got this done today, I did try a little in Blender to get this done, when I tried to duplicate knobs I ended up distorting my panels. I got frustrated and went back to Cad. I have a few more things to do on auto pilot panel. I will have to end up learning it sooner or later. Just going to keep trying till I get it.

Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 07:33:10 am »
Best way to learn, I've found. Learn by doing.
If you KNOW how to do something in CAD, but can't get it in Blender, just use CAD. No reason to upset yourself :)
At least you can switch between the two. Use CAD to do what you can't figure out how to do in Blender. Use the best tool for the job :)
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 12:59:22 am »
Well I think the panels with the auto pilot and such are now done, just need to put it in with the others. Going to start on MIP Main Instrument Panel next.

Rick

Azframer

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 05:21:26 am »
It looked so good after I got them in place I had to share another. Off to start the MIP.

Rick