Author Topic: Any new sceneries coming  (Read 2912 times)

midge80

Any new sceneries coming
« on: March 13, 2016, 12:31:31 pm »
All seems very quiet here at the moment, just wondering if you have anything new planned in the near future

ywg256

Re: Any new sceneries coming
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 04:55:08 pm »
per Umberto from a few threads up from this one.....

"We released MANY updates to GSX in 2015, we had to keep it up with many different new sim releases ( FSX:Steam and P3D 3.0 and 3.1) and, as explained so many times already, it's not possible to anticipate release dates with more than 1 year in advance, which was the date of my post you quoted.

For example, the inclusion of the new avatar feature in P3D (which nobody could foresee in 2014) made us to include many of new features in *both* KMEM, and the supporting Couatl scripting engine, which obviously delayed the developing time for both.

Same for the SODE integration: we had to work closely with Jeffrey Stahli (SODE author) to have many new features we need, and to refine its SDK, and this obviously had an effect on the releases, since we cannot release a scenery that use a new version SODE, while this is still under developement. And, the Couatl engine also had to be updated in order to be able to call into SODE, to make the scenery easier to use.

As I've said, so many times already, since we have a very good line up of products, and users obviously like them, because sales are continuing to be very good, so we can afford to take all the time we need to improve both the scenery and the supporting software, instead of rush a release, which would disappoint everybody.

It's not as if we took any money in advance. This is no Kickstarter..."

KMEM I am sure will be a 2016 release.  There were some screens from a few months ago and looked fairly advanced to me.  They are floating around here somewhere....Be patient.  I am sure once KMEM comes out the flood gates will open...