Author Topic: Prepar3d 3.2 released  (Read 19509 times)

MELKOR

Prepar3d 3.2 released
« on: March 08, 2016, 01:02:49 am »
Will GSX work as-is, or is a required update forthcoming?

Thanks,

- Bill

dgraham1284

Re: Prepar3d 3.2 released
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 01:27:42 am »
Addon manager crashes the sim upon load. We will need to wait for an update. Which given their past track record will be quick.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 01:16:05 pm »

freeice

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 04:17:47 pm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 04:28:58 pm »
control window is not open after push ctrl+F12

The usual question: do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus ?

Machtwo

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 04:30:16 pm »
Same problem here Umberto. Running P3D v3.2 and run the GSX installer to get the latest version.

I have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl Menu's visible in P3D. All work fine - including the GSX settings dialog windows.

The GSX menu (Ctrl+F12) won't open - and it won't open using the menu bar shortcut either.

I enabled logging through GSX and there's no errors in the log. Please PM if you need more details.
Andrew Wilson

freeice

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 04:38:50 pm »
control window is not open after push ctrl+F12

The usual question: do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus ?

yes! and i am push to button "Control Menu" with in addons menu. And will is not open window control panel gsx.

funkyj4ever

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 05:31:55 pm »
same problem

Jetblue291

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 05:57:06 pm »
Same here as well menu shows ctrl+f12 nothing. If I push with the engines running I get the green bar saying shut down engines but when I do no menu available

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 06:02:04 pm »
It seems the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. I've just got a message from Jeffrey Stähli (SODE's author) that he's missing the Simconnect menu in ANY application ( both SODE and GSX ). The Simconnect communication works correctly, he can see both GSX and SODE calling Simconnect to create the menus, and no errors are reported on the diagnostic log. It's just the menu is not there.

The issue is, P3D 3.2 has changed the Simconnect menu for 3rd party apps to look more like the ATC menu, with transparency, and it now uses the new Scaleform library, which is based on Flash technology.

So, the real issue, as it seems, that for some reason, Scaleform doesn't work on your machines, maybe related to some problem with your P3D installation.

To verify this, you should try another 3rd party app with a Simconnect menu, like SODE. If you don't see the SODE menu either, this seems to confirm you have a problem with the new Scaleform Simconnect menu, which is entirely UNRELATED TO GSX.

Of course, I can see the Simconnect menus working normally here (both GSX AND SODE), and everybody at FSDT can see it too...

I'm afraid, if this is the case, your only chance is to file a support request to LM, because this is totally outside our control. The Addon Manager .DLL, which is the only thing that has changed, to support P3D 3.2, does NOT use the Simconnect menu.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:09:20 pm by virtuali »

freeice

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 06:36:31 pm »
additions in the errors have been identified, but the problem is that the control box does not appear. the question is whose fault is it?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:40:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 06:43:47 pm »
additions in the errors have been identified, but the problem is that the control box does not appear. the question is whose fault is it?

I don't know what do you mean with "additions in the errors" but, I think it should be quite clear from my reply, this issue has nothing to do with GSX, and it's just a generic "new Simconnect menu not visible" issue, that we don't have any control over it.

As I've said, I have the menu working just fine on my system. Jeffrey posted a question on LM developers forum, we'll await their answer, but it's likely that will be fixed by LM with no intervention on our part.

Potroh

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 07:28:43 pm »
I also had the problem.
After updating the "content" pack, the problem is gone.
So it seems updating the "client" is not enough.
(before updating the content part save your Autogen and Effects folder in case you use FTX-ORBX and PrecipitFx stuff...)

Potroh

Zorley

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 08:01:03 pm »
Confirmed, install "Content" and problem is solved.
Thx

funkyj4ever

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 08:18:00 pm »
Does content result in installing other things again like ftx vector etc?