Author Topic: Prepar3d 3.2 released  (Read 19512 times)

Zorley

Re: Prepar3d 3.2 released
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 08:22:23 pm »
Now i testing fly and go all ok...

colinL

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 08:28:27 pm »
And I can also confirm that it does work with content installed, the window looks a bit weird but thats not GSX's fault. And I think if u backup Autogen and Effects you don't need to reinstall something.

12bpilot

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 08:58:42 pm »
Did a clean install of V3.2, because I probably messed up something during yesterday's updating session...but the Contents entry in "Programs and Features" shows a proper size now compared to before.

However, it works now. Thanks all!

-Jeffrey

downscc

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 09:42:45 pm »
Saving the Autogen and Effects folders to backup was a good suggestion. There are a few Autogen files that need restored based on file size alone, FTX does add significantly to this feature. Uninstalling clears the Autogen folder, but not the effects folder so a backup there is not as critical; however, I had a dozen effect files modified with .OFF extensions and the backup made it easy to restore my configuration.

I discovered you must download the content installer AND the Cont1.cab file, which is about 1.6 GB. Much better than the 10 GB require for full download.

Works as promised. The new menus are okay but not sure it was worth the effort.

Dan Downs

JPatrick

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 06:48:45 am »
I also had the problem.
After updating the "content" pack, the problem is gone.
So it seems updating the "client" is not enough.
(before updating the content part save your Autogen and Effects folder in case you use FTX-ORBX and PrecipitFx stuff...)

Potroh

Thanks for the suggestion Potroh!

JP

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »
Does content result in installing other things again like ftx vector etc?

No

edwardpat

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 04:21:05 am »
I also had the problem.
After updating the "content" pack, the problem is gone.
So it seems updating the "client" is not enough.
(before updating the content part save your Autogen and Effects folder in case you use FTX-ORBX and PrecipitFx stuff...)

Potroh

Hi, would you please elaborate a bit on the recommendation to backup the autogen and effects folders?. You did the backup and then after updating the content pack you put back the original files?. Thanks for clarifying a bit more.
Edward

Dreamflight767

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:05 am »
Install "Content".

Can someone please explain how to do this?  I'm having the same issue with no window opening.  Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 11:45:23 am »
Install "Content".

Can someone please explain how to do this?  I'm having the same issue with no window opening.  Thanks!

Noticing that this is a P3D support question that doesn't have anything to do with FSDT ( the missing Content will affect ALL 3rd party applications that create menus ), there's a separate installer for Prepar3D Content, if you go to the P3D download page, in the additional downloads.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:26:10 pm by virtuali »

Captain45

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 12:56:18 pm »
Thanks for the info in Ctrl+F12 not working. For me, the update of Content worked. I checked the Auteogen and Effects folders which I saved against to active ones, but there was nothing deffirent. They looked 'untouched' (and ORBX-FTX stuff) is still there. But that's my case. It could very well be different for others.

Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

kymh

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 12:25:57 am »
Thank you very much for the solution to this problem.

Reinstalling the Content and copying back the autogen and effects differences also worked for me and took just a couple of minutes.

Regards Kym H